GAME #18, TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ YANKEES

Started by markj, April 16, 2019, 08:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

WOW, ON ALL OF THE ABOVE  !!! Not going to sit TIGHT as time is of the essence !!! iono iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

For 2 innings - no hits and pitchers looking good.
THEN, bottom of the 3rd
Yankees 2 - Sox 0.

Top of the 4th - Mookie walks, Xander hits a double (tried to review for home run - no)
No outs, then 3 straight outs. 
JD Martinez - flyout
Pierce - flyout
Moreland - strikeout = NO RUNS.

Clint Frasier hits a solo shot.
NOW Yankees 3 - Sox 0
Bottom of the 4th inning.

CRAP.
THAT should do it.

WE REALLY SUCK.
(Excuse my French.)

Sea Dog 23

Paxton is shutting the Sox down.  Sale just gave up a bomb for 3-0.  Do the players have any fight after their ace is giving runs?

BoSoxFanNY

AND another run for the Yanks -
a RBI double by Mike Tauchman (WHO is he?)

Yankees 4 - Sox 0

WTF?

Guess having Sandy Leon is not helping Sale - WHAT has happened to him????

elktonnick

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 16, 2019, 06:47:44 PM
AND another run for the Yanks -
a RBI double by Mike Tauchman (WHO is he?)

Yankees 4 - Sox 0

WTF?

Guess having Sandy Leon is not helping Sale - WHAT has happened to him????

Sale's stuff and velocity were better.  He hit 96 and 97 and he struck out 6.  Remy has finally joined the "the starters didn't get enough work in spring training club"  BTW that's what's wrong with Sale.  His velocity is where it should have been three weeks ago.

As far as the offense and defense the sox are still playing listless baseball. 

elktonnick

markj

Quote from: elktonnick on April 16, 2019, 07:36:47 PM
The Red Sox are getting humiliated by the Yankees

The Sox are humiliating themselves. The Yankees are just enjoying the show.

elktonnick

The Red Sox went down to defeat with hardly a whimper.  Pathetic performance.

markj

Third shutout this young season. How sorry is that?  :losers

Sea Dog 23

We did escape the shutout yesterday by that retread O's pitcher.  /snark

markj

The Sox are sporting the worst run differential in baseball at 40. Worse than even Miami. Not bad for a team nearing the LT threshold, eh?

Sea Dog 23

Lucky for Sox that Rays' Snell went on the IL today.  They prob have a 20 y.o. kid dying to fill in for his game against us.

SeaBeachFred

Hey friends, remember that movie from a few decades ago---BACK TO THE FUTURE????  Well we are no living it and will feel the ill effects of it for a painful season unless things change in a hurry.  Tonight was no surprise to me.  Sale pitched a little better than before but how could he have done worse.  As for Leon we are now stuck with a 175 hitter (or maybe lower) who will not help the pitcher's in any appreciate way since he will give back whatever he does defensively with as inept a bat as can be produced...on a team that looks inept as can be with the bat already.  And thanks Jerry Remy for finally saying what everybody here knew already and which you were either blind of scared shitless to say.  THE TEAM WAS NOT READY FOR THE SEASON....AND THEY ARE STILL NOT READY.  Back to the future it seems to be, all the way back to 2014.  Remember how that season sucked the spirit out of all of us.  WELL I REMEMBER!!!!!!!

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 16, 2019, 09:43:30 PM
Hey friends, remember that movie from a few decades ago---BACK TO THE FUTURE????  Well we are no living it and will feel the ill effects of it for a painful season unless things change in a hurry.  Tonight was no surprise to me.  Sale pitched a little better than before but how could he have done worse.  As for Leon we are now stuck with a 175 hitter (or maybe lower) who will not help the pitcher's in any appreciate way since he will give back whatever he does defensively with as inept a bat as can be produced...on a team that looks inept as can be with the bat already.  And thanks Jerry Remy for finally saying what everybody here knew already and which you were either blind of scared shitless to say.  THE TEAM WAS NOT READY FOR THE SEASON....AND THEY ARE STILL NOT READY.  Back to the future it seems to be, all the way back to 2014.  Remember how that season sucked the spirit out of all of us.  WELL I REMEMBER!!!!!!!

THIS season, so far, feels worse than 2014.

Sea Dog 23

I'm trying to put 2014 aside so I can isolate this week and explain this to myself.  In football, moreso high school or college football, what has happened last couple weeks is a team 'rolling over' .... no will to fight.  But for $20mil professionals not showing up, they either have a labor grievance, have no respect for their manager or GM, or they are still sitting in their easy chairs admiring their championship rings.

I think all of the above, but I'm just talking to myself for guidance.  iono