3. Dwight Smith Jr. (L) LF
4. Renato Nunez (R) DH
5. Rio Ruiz (L) 3B
6. Chris Davis (L) 1B
7. Hanser Alberto (R) 2B
8. Pedro Severino (R) C
9. Cedric Mullins (S) CF

Bill-806

Todays lineup should continue OUR SURGE.....  Pedey back in ++++   thumb_u iono iono iono

elktonnick

longgame

I've got the TV on downstairs but not watching it.  From what I'm hearing, i don't want to be watching it. 

elktonnick

Porcello and Vazquez clearly not on the same page.  Porcello doesn't have much confidence in any of his pitches.  He has walked 5 through 4, lucky the game is tied and they are playing the Os

longgame

I knew they'd make a slugger out of Chris Davis this weekend too.  3RBIs on two hits to the worst hitter to strike the AL by a long shot.   Now Porcello is just completely out of control.  13th baserunner of the game on a team of Chris Davis's frankly.

This team needs to pick it up big time. 

elktonnick

Again this all goes back to the disaster that was Cora's spring training which all the NESN pregamers are downplaying.  The failure of starters to go more than 4 innings is going to cause Cora to over use his pen which is going to cause problems later in the year.

longgame

I haven't caught too much pre and post game stuff this year and last night I wanted to watch it but it was blacked out as always happens early in the season - can't figure out why they still can't figure out when a game is on vs. not.  Anyhow, it does seem strange, especially the longer it goes on.  It's so obvious that any avoidance would have to be quite awkward.

markj

elktonnick

The defensive shifts are starting to backfire for Boston.

longgame

That's because those shifts turn them in to Lucy from Peanuts and they complain that the ball isn't hit to them. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 13, 2019, 11:19:23 AM
Todays lineup should continue OUR SURGE.....  Pedey back in ++++   thumb_u iono iono iono

Please Bill, Never say that with this team.  Have you seen the game today so far.  We look like crap and just now with the Orioles pi tcher throwing Moreland outside pitches he insists on trying to pull another one and ground into a  DP while the whole frigging left side is open, while butt announcer Dave O'Brien calmly says nothing of importance about it but drones on about things that bore the shit out of me.  This team is right now very hard to watch.  We get our first two batters on base via double and single and get only one damn run from it?  I'll tell you this....this dumb ass idea of trying to hit through a shift when the other team is giving you half the field is criminal as well as stupid.  And did you see Bogaerts stupidly wait to tag a runner who stopped midway between first and second to kill a DP attempt instead of throwing to first quickly and then get the runner in a run down for a dp.  Hell he has already conceded the run to the runner at third base.  Bogey is a stupid ballplayer; we all know that but how can he be that dumb to bot ch a play like that.  This team of ours is playing with their heads up their collective asses.

longgame

elktonnick

This club is sloppy. They look like a Class A club on defense.

Now the O's announcers a commenting on how listless the Red Sox are playing.  I've noticed that many announcers over the last several ball games are saying the same.  Again as Fred says this is because the Red Sox have Alfred E Mewman for a manager. 

Sea Dog 23

Hey, has any club ever put the manager on the IL?   I'm sorry, now at the bottom of my crown royal.   sigh  Carry on.