GAME #14, FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2019, ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, April 12, 2019, 11:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Xander with another blown play. Should have easily grabbed that throw from Vaz.

markj

E-rod gives up a 2-run dinger. He's done. Still a good outing and that dinger was worse than it needed to be because Xander blew the pickoff attempt.

elktonnick

markj

markj

markj

markj

markj

Thornburg being his usual useless self gives up a 2-run dinger and still has no outs. Now 6-4.

Hey, he got an out. Here comes Cora to yank him.

elktonnick

longgame

Thornburg is simply awful

Let’s hope Chris Davis doesn’t somehow extend this!

markj

Braiser closes it out. Sox win 6-4.

Some goodness in this game. E-rod with a good out, some decent defensive plays (also some gaffes), some timely hitting, and Rem Dawg back in the booth.  thumb_u

longgame

Good signs of life, even if it is against the O’s.  The Sox get good starting pitching, some decent offense, other than Thornburg, the pen once again got the job done.  The defense, JBJ excluded, is still pretty rusty.  That’s another hangover of Alex Cora’s Springtime Camp for Pampered Major Leaguers.  But by the end of this series the Sox may be in playing shape.  Like I said before, at least a week away when they came back from the west coast and so far just 3 more games after that.

Still, nice to see a fairly textbook win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 12, 2019, 07:06:09 PM
Xander with an RBI double. Sox up 2-0.

Well markj that just me up---temporarily, but I would like to see him do that more often.  If he did I would be more than willing to tuck in my horns.  I am still waiting for Mookie Betts to get hot and for JD Martinez to get real hot.  They are the keys to our offense.

However, E-Rod pitched a solid game tonight and pitched into the seventh inning and I wasn't ticked when Alex let him start that inning.  We finally got a well pitched game from one of our starters and some clutch hits as well (Bogey????  Yes!!!!!)  Still our defense needs work from Vaz to Bogey on down the line.  Relief pitching save for the Thorn was good as well.  Let's see if we can go on a run now.  We need to start winning games in bunches.....like continuing this tomorrow.  And ALEX-----DON'T WAIT FOR PORCELLO TO START GIVING UP FIVE OR SIX RUNS..  When he loses it is usually a big bad inning.  Get him the hell out of there before than happens.  Then, again, maybe Rick will surprise us and pitch as Eduardo did tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 12, 2019, 09:03:55 PM
When are they going to DFA Thornburg

When he came in I said oh oh.  I just knew.  Didn't most of you too?  Dombrowski does not want to admit he made the worst mistake in his tenure by making that trade for that bum.  Of all the players who contributed to our great run last year the only team member who did absolutely nothing was the Thorn.  Imagine giving up a 30 homer, 100 RBI guy for this POS??????  Get rid of him.

Bill-806

RED SOX WIN, RED SOX WIN !!!!  Two in a row & now 5 & 9 and moving up...… THE JUG/A/NOT IS WARMING TO THE CAUSE !!! Go SOX, make HAY of these O'BIRDS !!!!!