3. Trey Mancini (R) 1B
4. Renato Nunez (R) DH
5. Dwight Smith Jr. (L) LF
6. Hanser Alberto (R) 3B
7. Jesus Sucre (R) C
8. Richie Martin (R) SS
9. Cedric Mullins (S) CF

Bill-806

SOX back on track ……..  PEDEY at rest for tonight ……  Go SOX, one game at a TIME !! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on April 12, 2019, 02:44:43 PM
SOX back on track ……..  PEDEY at rest for tonight ……  Go SOX, one game at a TIME !! thumb_u

Get Bogaerts the hell out of the RBI laden fifth spot in the order.  He simply cannot hit with men on bases--my God, can't Cora and the front office see that?  Bat him second or drop him down to seventh---just get him the hell out of a key spot.  He hits better with no one on base and the sooner the front office and Cora realize that the better.  And as hard as it is to say, at the rate we're going we will find if nearly impossible to keep carrying Bradley Jr and Vazquez in the lineup if they don't hitting---which most likely they will not.  You simply CANNOT CARRY TWO STIFFS IN THE LINEUP AND HAVE ONE OF YOUR SUPPOSED KEY HIT TERS CONSTANTLY FAILING IN THE CLUTCH.

markj

markj

Nunez drives in Bogie. Now 3-0. Glad to see some early offense in support of a pretty good (so far) outing by E-rod.

longgame

Nice to see some signs of life.  Could be more if the LF wasn’t playing in the power alley.  The Baltimore announcemers were pointing out that the O’s OF is playing pinched toward the center.

Bogey with an RBI, but Bradley still back on earth. 

Sea Dog 23

Yep, E-Rod is displaying what steady pitchers do.  Where have those guys been this season?

markj

E-rod at 70 pitches through 5 clean innings. Best start for the Sox so far this year. I'd love to see him get two more innings in.

markj

Xander with a completely blown play. Hope this doesn't psych E-rod out.

longgame

Quote from: markj on April 12, 2019, 07:24:36 PM
E-rod at 70 pitches through 5 clean innings. Best start for the Sox so far this year. I'd love to see him get two more innings in.

Shocking isn’t it?  I couldn’t believe it was the 6th inning and our starter is still in.  Game is flying by too

markj

Ok, Xander and Nunez turn a DP and get out of the inning. E-rod still cruising.

elktonnick

Bogie made an error.  It is that damn hiccup in his throw to first again.  Never understood why they didn't correct that in the minors.

longgame

Baltimore pitcher as doing well.  I can’t imagine their bullpen is very good so let’s see if the Sox can do some more damage now.

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on April 12, 2019, 07:51:45 PM
Mookie with an uncharacteristic gaffe.

A hallmark of this season, like the one that fell between him and JBJ, or Beni who has missed a couple he seemed to make in every game last year.  That last one looked fairly routine but he just missed it. I was surprised they charged it to a hit.