4. Randal Grichuk (R) CF
5. Danny Jansen (R) C
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) DH
7. Richard Urena (S) 2B
8. Alen Hanson (S) 1B
9. Billy McKinney (L) RF

markj

Sea Dog 23

A note on the Jays, seven regulars batting below the Mendoza, only two above.  Winless on the road.  An opportune opponent in these days and times.

longgame

Weather looks to be okay to get the game in.  I believe game time is 2PM and rain isn't expected until around 5:30. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 09, 2019, 10:53:37 AM
Weather looks to be okay to get the game in.  I believe game time is 2PM and rain isn't expected until around 5:30.

Somebody please tell Chris Sale to wear a warm undershirt today because I don't want to hear of him hurting his elbow or his shoulder.  And watch out for calf injuries.  We had a couple of them after our big ceremony in 2014 and the season went to hell from there.  But this is not 2014 and I expect the Red Sox to go out today and start validating why they were the best team in baseball last season.

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!

longgame

1-0 lead in the first.  Moreland continues to carry the team.

Sea Dog 23

What has happened to the Sox?  Good start, but fumbling, stumbling in front of the home folks.

longgame

The little I watched even before they were hitting Sale he was leaving everything right over the plate.

SeaBeachFred

Is there anybody out there who still doubts this team was not ready for the season?  Catcher and pitcher can't get their pitches straight and we lose a run, a Toronto player steals home without a move by the defense, our supposed ace pitcher is getting hammered by a team that has the lowest batting average in all of baseball----and we are headed for an embarrassing and disgraceful defeat in our Home Opener to celebrate our WS Title last season.  Hear the boos erupting in the ballpark?  This just may be 2014 all over again.  I predicted what happened then right after our home opening series when Milwaukee swept us three straight while we looked like crap on the field.  It never got better.  This is beginning to look like a replica of that season.  Right now, sorry guys, we look like a totally shitty team, one that seems to have two left feet and can't get our of their own way.  Can we even come back today?  Can we come back Thursday?  Can we come back this year? God almighty we right now stink.

markj

markj

Meatball Matt is doing his best to put the game out of reach.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 09, 2019, 04:24:39 PM
Meatball Matt is doing his best to put the game out of reach.

One o Meatball's problems has been his inability to retire the first man he faces and lordy lord he did it again.  OTOH, Bogaerts actually got a big hit in the eighth inning to drive in a run and get us one down until the Meatball gave it back.  Our ability was to win games late last season but it is a new season and we failed today with Mookie up there with two on and two out and K'd.  You keep doing that Mook and you will be hard pressed to get a Harper, Trout or Machado contract.  Right now we stink and we could actually be in last place by the end of the month, if not before.  Sounds an awful lot like 2014 to me and you all know how much I hated that year above all others.

Bill-806

A SAD state of BASEBALL ????  It starts with PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING !!!! Oh YES, the CRAZY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ adds to the DECLINE !!!  WHEN will the OWNERS & MLB revert back to an INCENTIVE based CONTRACT ???  What a JOKE...… & those poor FANS sitting in the stands half FROZEN ??? Wake up RED SOX, it is already later than you think !!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

A cold day for Sale and the pen.  But there are long days ahead it seems.  With the starters worth 3 to 4 innings at best, the BP are going to be rag arms by June.  OK the starters get in shape and can throw up to 95 by May.  But getting the BP in shape  four weeks ahead of the starters ain't gonna work if the pen is already shot.

I guess they're counting on Poyner, Hernandez, Mejida, et al to come up for the ailing guys.  Whatever, Cora should throw this year's ST plan in the trash heap.