GAME #10, SATURDAY, APRIL 6, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DIAMONDBACKS

Started by markj, April 06, 2019, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 06, 2019, 09:24:49 PM
JD with another hit. He's hit safely in every game this season. One of the very few bright spots.

Come on mark and the rest of you out there.  Are you blind to what's going on with our team?  JD one of the few bright spots?  Is that all anyone has to say?  Why the @#$% was he on the bench tonight, our best hitter, and why was Cora's pet Vazquez back in the lineup with our hottest hitter Blake Swihart back on the pine?  And why was choker Bogaerts batting cleanup when to me he is the last guy I want up there in a clutch situation.  You think maybe if Blake and JD had been in the lineup instead of 167 Vaz or 171 Bradley we might have won the game tonight?  And in the last week three times Bogsaerts has come to the plate with a chance to make a difference in a game and has failed miserably all three times, tonight with two on and two out in the 7th with a chance to go ahead.  Think maybe if JD was batting fourth tonight and in the lineup it could have been different?  And you  think Swihart, hitting 500 and driving in runs could have done better than Vaazquez's 0 for 3 and two strikeouts?  This loss is on Cora---and if the team wants a semblance of a chance to win tomorrow Swihart and Martinez must be in that damn lineup and Vazquez and maybe Bradley on the pine with his 171 average.  Good God, am I the only one who is seeing this debacle  rising before my very eyes?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 06, 2019, 09:41:14 PM
Nothing. Xander with a weak hit to the infield. Figures.

Are you getting convinced that Bogaerts is not the guy you want up there in such a situation?  I've been saying this since 2014.  HE IS A CHOKER!!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 06, 2019, 10:56:00 PM
Sigh. Can't even beat mediocre teams. 2-8 to start the season. Last year they were 17-2. Is this going to be another first=>worst season?

How to maybe change this?  Put Swihart at catcher and keep him there and someone tell Cora that nepotism doesn't work so keep his pal Vasquez and his sub par 167 average on the pine where he belongs.  Do NOT ever bench Martinez again, and get every God damn bat you can in that lineup.  Tonight we went at them with a big black hole from seven to nine and, ironically the only hit we got from that trip was from the pitcher.

Sea Dog 23

One salvation, the road trip from hell is over today.  We also get a day off ---- to travel.  Tues game is Jays, like Sox they've lost 3 in a row and near the bottom.  They are winless on the road.  We have Sale after the ring ceremony.  Surely ............... iono

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "SON, TIME & TIDE WAITS FOR NO MAN" !!!  MY GOSH, WHAT A START ???? iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 07, 2019, 07:04:33 AM
One salvation, the road trip from hell is over today.  We also get a day off ---- to travel.  Tues game is Jays, like Sox they've lost 3 in a row and near the bottom.  They are winless on the road.  We have Sale after the ring ceremony.  Surely ............... iono

The hel may still continue today.  Velasquez is starting according to the paper I read this morning.  Has Cora gone off the deep end or what?  Velasquez has no business being on the team; he is the Bogaerts of our pitching staff, a total choker.  It is almost fair to say that we will be 2-9 after today...And don't forget Alex to put your pet Vazquez back behind the plate today for another Ofer.  Man, this team has really thrown me for a loop so far.  We are really shitty right now.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, I read an article today that Porcello's agent has almost begged DD for a new contract, even with a discount.   He is essentially washed up as a Sox based on his declining value and a $20mil + price tag.  ERod is also pretty worthless, and it seems they're riding on Dar Hernandez for next year plus a budget free agent(??). 

The reset year coming is going to test fan's resilience, their marriages, their dog's peace of mind. 

longgame

Today's a bullpen game.  They had planned this from the start but didn't plan Johnson going down. 

I figure Spring Training usually lasts about 5-6 weeks.  Most of these guys had about two weeks of it at most.  They've got another 2 weeks in now so I figure they've got another two weeks before they're up MLB form. 

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 07, 2019, 10:35:17 AM
Fred, I read an article today that Porcello's agent has almost begged DD for a new contract, even with a discount.   He is essentially washed up as a Sox based on his declining value and a $20mil + price tag.  ERod is also pretty worthless, and it seems they're riding on Dar Hernandez for next year plus a budget free agent(??). 

The reset year coming is going to test fan's resilience, their marriages, their dog's peace of mind.

Porcello is suffering from a lack of work in Spring Training.  I am convinced that he will eventually be fine once he gets enough pitching work in.  While I didn't see it, I understand Ecke went on a diatribe against the foolishness of the Red Sox lack of ST effort by their starters which by the way Cora continues to defend.
E Rod likewise wasn't helped by ST but his case is compounded by the fact that he is one of the dumbest pitchers in the game. He continues to waste 0-2 counts by nibbling only to having to throw a cookie when the counts goes to 3-2.

Someone ought to tell Cora that needs to acknowledge the fact that he screwed up by not working these guys properly in ST.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 07, 2019, 07:04:33 AM

I have tickets to the Tuesday, Ring Ceremony Game.
Traveling to Boston from New York to see.
I figured I saw the last game played at Fenway - World Series Game #2.
And wanted to see the Ring Ceremony.
SO DISAPPOINTED in the way this team is playing, that I almost don't want to go.

THIS team walked thru Spring Training - they had Mookie and JBJ out in the field
during Spring Training miked up and they were talking about golf swings.
SOMETHING is going on with the psyche of this team.
They were not ready to play AND it shows.

TRULY hope that once they get home after weeks in Florida, then off to Arizona to finish
Spring Training against the Cubs, on to Seattle, Oakland and back to Arizona - THAT
they finally get home, regroup and start playing WINNING baseball.

SeaBeachFred

Interesting piece of information on Porcello and I hope the Red Sox don't bite.  As for the reset year there doesn't have to be a problem if the  team does the smart thing.  Sign JD next Fall to an extension and Mookie the following year.  That would be the best case scenario because we cannot afford to lose both of them and depend on Bogaerts to be a big gun.  Saw it again today Sea Dog.  First inning, one out and no one out---BOGAERTS SINGLES TO CENTER.....Third inning, two on and two out---BOGAERTS POPS TO THE SECOND BASEMAN.  At least they had him batting second where he can do less damage to the offense since he should hit with less people on base.  8-3 on the trip just as I called it in my mind; problem was it was backwards.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 07, 2019, 02:39:47 PM

Porcello is suffering from a lack of work in Spring Training.  I am convinced that he will eventually be fine once he gets enough pitching work in.  While I didn't see it, I understand Ecke went on a diatribe against the foolishness of the Red Sox lack of ST effort by their starters which by the way Cora continues to defend.
E Rod likewise wasn't helped by ST but his case is compounded by the fact that he is one of the dumbest pitchers in the game. He continues to waste 0-2 counts by nibbling only to having to throw a cookie when the counts goes to 3-2.

Someone ought to tell Cora that needs to acknowledge the fact that he screwed up by not working these guys properly in ST.

Cora will never admit that so the season will have to play out before he gets hammered by the press and media as we're doing it to him now.  THE TEAM WAS NOT READY FOR THE SEASON.  Miked up talking about golf swings and where they were going to at that night and laughs galore is not the way to prepare.  Just be glad we're not playing the Dodgers in the World Series right now.