3. David Peralta (L) LF
4. Adam Jones (R) RF
5. Christian Walker (R) 1B
6. Ketel Marte (S) 2B
7. Nick Ahmed (R) SS
8. Alex Avila (L) C
9. Zack Godley (R) P

Sea Dog 23

I would think the Sox have a chance to turn a win today.  In his last start Godley allowed 8 runs on 8  hits in 5 innings of work against the Dodgers.  But in these murky days, you just never know.

Bill-806

At this point, (2+ hours before the game) I like the lineup as composed ……  thumb_u iono iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

Meanwhile our Sox are playing Game 8 out of 11 straight games
and I noticed that the Yankees seem to have another off day today
and they had a day off after the first game of the season.

CRAZY.

Sure hope our team starts to rebound
AND their schedule gets a little easier

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 05, 2019, 01:23:30 PM
I would think the Sox have a chance to turn a win today.  In his last start Godley allowed 8 runs on 8  hits in 5 innings of work against the Dodgers.  But in these murky days, you just never know.

Well Sea Dog, Porcello wasn't exactly a paragon of efficiency last Sunday either.  He squandered a three run lead I believe and got hammered for about eight or nine runs.  We need him to be much more effective this afternoon in Phoenix.  Yes the lineup looks fine but we have to turn that lineup into a pack of hungry wolves and win that game  today. No more excuses.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 05, 2019, 03:11:08 PM

CRAZY.

Sorry Bo, our schedule wasn't that hard to begin with, certainly not so hard that we couldn't have done better then 2-6.  Now they have to get themselves ready to play decent baseball and start winning those games.  PS---anyone know what has happened to our pal IPOT.  He hasn't been on board since last Fall. If you're out there my friend please check in.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 05, 2019, 03:36:17 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 05, 2019, 01:23:30 PM

Well Sea Dog, Porcello wasn't exactly a paragon of efficiency last Sunday either.  He squandered a three run lead I believe and got hammered for about eight or nine runs.  We need him to be much more effective this afternoon in Phoenix.  Yes the lineup looks fine but we have to turn that lineup into a pack of hungry wolves and win that game  today. No more excuses.

Some questionable mound guys for sure.  Godley at 11 era and Porcello at 13+, and he's in a contract year.  That will have to get better.

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 05, 2019, 03:37:56 PM

CRAZY.

Sorry Bo, our schedule wasn't that hard to begin with, certainly not so hard that we couldn't have done better then 2-6.  Now they have to get themselves ready to play decent baseball and start winning those games.  PS---anyone know what has happened to our pal IPOT.  He hasn't been on board since last Fall. If you're out there my friend please check in.

The schedule actually works out better for the Red Sox because they avoid playing in the colder weather with a greater risk of injury and secondly they got rid of a west coast trip early. 

The schedule itself isn't why their record sucks.  Their record sucks because Cora failed to properly get this team ready to start the season.  The fact that they played later in the year is nonsense as an excuse for not getting his starters properly prepared.  The World Series ended 4 months prior to the start of spring training.  The Dodgers played as long as Boston and their record is 5-2.

I saw this team in ST and I've now seen them enough since opening day to know Cora didn't have his club either physically or more importantly mentally ready for the regular season..

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on April 05, 2019, 04:19:06 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 05, 2019, 03:37:56 PM

CRAZY.

The schedule actually works out better for the Red Sox because they avoid playing in the colder weather with a greater risk of injury and secondly they got rid of a west coast trip early. 

The schedule itself isn't why their record sucks.  Their record sucks because Cora failed to properly get this team ready to start the season.  The fact that they played later in the year is nonsense as an excuse for not getting his starters properly prepared.  The World Series ended 4 months prior to the start of spring training.  The Dodgers played as long as Boston and their record is 5-2.

I saw this team in ST and I've now seen them enough since opening day to know Cora didn't have his club either physically or more importantly mentally ready for the regular season..

I happen to agree with your assessment.
THIS team seemed to walk thru Spring Training -
they were not prepared mentally or physically to start the season.
THIS lack of preparation is on Cora.

LAST Spring Training he stressed the basics with the team and THAT 2018
was ready to play.  They want 22 -9 in Spring Training and then went
17-2 to start the Regular Season.

AND with all -
The 2019 season has begun.
NEED to go forward.
This team needs to pitch well, play good solid defense and SCORE RUNS.

Sea Dog 23

Sox are on the board in the 3rd.  Swihart singles, Beni brings him home with a double.  Betts batting and gets a two out infield single.  Morland grounds out.  1-0.

elktonnick

Lack of focus once again jumps up and bites the Red Sox. 

longgame

Porcello sucks.  No other way to put it.  2 hits for the pitcher?   Then of course more sloppy defense. 

markj

Two blown inflield plays in a row yield two more runs. These guys look like crap. Hard to believe it's almost the same team as last year.

Sea Dog 23

Porcello is done IMO.  82 pitches through 4.  A control pitcher who's who can't locate ain't gonna fool batters with 90mph fast balls.

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on April 05, 2019, 07:33:19 PM
Two blown inflield plays in a row yield two more runs. These guys look like crap. Hard to believe it's almost the same team as last year.

I said over a week ago that Cora's inexcusable failure to prepare this team was going to result in this team limping back to Boston after this road trip.