Main Menu

MLBPA Newest Push?

Started by MongoLikeSox, August 29, 2022, 07:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

I know unions can be a political topic. I hope we do not go there. That said....

I just read in the Athletic that the MLBPA is sending Union Authorization Cards to Minor league players. If enough sign up, so to speak, they will send these cards to the national labor board. They will deliberate & decide from there.

This could get interesting come Winter.

longgame

I thought I saw this morning that they have elected representation by the MLBPA.  Could get interesting for MLB to shake down some of that money to the lower levels. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 29, 2022, 07:43:55 AM
I thought I saw this morning that they have elected representation by the MLBPA.  Could get interesting for MLB to shake down some of that money to the lower levels.

I can see John Henry getting so fearful and overwrought that he shit his pants before he got to the commode on his yacht.

MongoLikeSox

They, MLB, could have done something about it. They were getting heat from all directions. They tried some band-aids, I think, but it wasn't enough. Personally, I never, ever would have thought the MLBPA would make a push for the Minor League players to join the fray. I always wanted it to happen, but never thought it would.

Sea Dog 23

Im watching the start of college football.  That sport is becoming the child of MLB.  Paid athletes in the $millions, tampering and transfers resembling free agents, now Penn State players are pushing for players as state employees with collective bargaining.  Just about every sport is approaching Pr emier League Soccer.  Henry knows all about that arena.

longgame

There was a great video floating around the other day of a soccer player rolling on the ground in pain.  Until his team scored and then he miraculously popped up and was fully recovered!  Speaking of performances on the field.  Does every Red Sox hitter now stand and admire their hits even if they have no chance of going out?  Martinez actually took off out of the box on his HR the other day, but Verdugo, Devers and others just wait to see if it's a hit before they start running. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on August 30, 2022, 08:13:09 AM
There was a great video floating around the other day of a soccer player rolling on the ground in pain.  Until his team scored and then he miraculously popped up and was fully recovered!  Speaking of performances on the field.  Does every Red Sox hitter now stand and admire their hits even if they have no chance of going out?  Martinez actually took off out of the box on his HR the other day, but Verdugo, Devers and others just wait to see if it's a hit before they start running.
That's been increasingly irritating. Devers is the only one I know of with an excuse to do so due to his recovering Hammy. The rest, though. Pffffttttt!!! Please, really!?