GAME #84, SUNDAY, JUNE 30, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX (LONDON)

Started by markj, June 30, 2019, 08:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 12:12:11 PM
Barnes showed how effective a reliever he is.  Now 7 to 4.   My wife's solution put in Nunez to pitch as he is probably a better pitcher than 2nd baseman.

She may be on to something there.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 12:16:11 PM
Another reliever come in and walks the 1st batter.

That’s typically the least damaging outcome for our pitchers.

Murph

Pile it in Yanks. Make it easy for the FO not to be stupid and waste trades. SELL SELL SELL.

elktonnick

Those  leadoff walks are a direct product of the Sox's screwed up approach towards pitching.  They get 2 strikes on batters then nibble, get to 3-2 and then the batters knows what is coming and the roof caves in.

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on June 30, 2019, 12:21:38 PM
Pile it in Yanks. Make it easy for the FO not to be stupid and waste trades. SELL SELL SELL.

I wouldn't sell. I'd fire the manager and pitching coach. 

elktonnick

Question is which manager has done the worst job for his team.  In the AL clearly it is no contest.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 30, 2019, 10:26:15 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
Nunez misplays another one at second base.  Once again one questions Nunez's defense.
NUNEZ is SLOWLY killing us, can't move, no matter what POSITION...… Outside of  D H, it is time for him to go...… NOW GRASSHOPPER !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Hey Cora, you stupid son  of a bitch, Holt has to be in there no matter who is pitching.  NUnez is a defensive disaster, but, then again, so is Barnes, Walden, Taylor ,Schwaryn and that whole shit faced bullpen.

elktonnick

That 9 run explosion has left this team totally demoralized.  While they won't finish last because the Os are so bad they will probably be all but mathematically eliminated from the wild card before the end of August.  Barnes has lost whatever confidence he has had. 

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 30, 2019, 12:31:54 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 30, 2019, 10:26:15 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
Nunez misplays another one at second base.  Once again one questions Nunez's defense.
NUNEZ is SLOWLY killing us, can't move, no matter what POSITION...… Outside of  D H, it is time for him to go...… NOW GRASSHOPPER !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Hey Cora, you stupid son  of a bitch, Holt has to be in there no matter who is pitching.  NUnez is a defensive disaster, but, then again, so is Barnes, Walden, Taylor ,Schwaryn and that whole shit faced bullpen.

Holt hurt his hammy yesterday.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 12:23:36 PM
Those  leadoff walks are a direct product of the Sox's screwed up approach towards pitching.  They get 2 strikes on batters then nibble, get to 3-2 and then the batters knows what is coming and the roof caves in.

Could Dana LaVangie, the pitching coach, be a culprit in this debacle of a season.  We have seen our pitchers constantly get ahead of batters, the n nibble, nibble, nibble and either walk their man or get hammered because the bat ters know what's coming.  From top to bottom this team of ours sucks like a rotten egg.     I really think that if this continues intos next season Cora could and should lose his job.  His malfeasance from a cracker jack skipper to a jack off incompetent just boggles my mind.  How could a man go from one extreme to another in less than a year?  Time to maybe back up the truck.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 30, 2019, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 12:23:36 PM

Could Dana LaVangie, the pitching coach, be a culprit in this debacle of a season.  We have seen our pitchers constantly get ahead of batters, the n nibble, nibble, nibble and either walk their man or get hammered because the bat ters know what's coming.  From top to bottom this team of ours sucks like a rotten egg.     I really think that if this continues intos next season Cora could and should lose his job.  His malfeasance from a cracker jack skipper to a jack off incompetent just boggles my mind.  How could a man go from one extreme to another in less than a year?  Time to maybe back up the truck.

Not only Cora, but does JH trust Dombrowski to do a reset with this team, given the lack of attention last off season?  A Lucchino moment may be in order.  A lot of folks think it is decision time in 2-3 weeks to fish or cut bait with the trade deadline.  DD just might stub his toe again.