GAME #84, SUNDAY, JUNE 30, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX (LONDON)

Started by markj, June 30, 2019, 08:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Amazing E-Rod went through 5 with the lead.  The last four innings should be interesting.  Sox need more runs.

Murph

My Son a nut buster just brought over a rosary and a bottle of JACK. Sadly I probably will need both.

Bill-806

Quote from: Murph on June 30, 2019, 11:03:03 AM
WOW, great hustle play by Chavis running about 60 feet in foul territory.
As DAD would say, "SON, I like that CHAVIS KID" !!   Begs the question, Where oh where has MITCHY TWO BAGS gone ?? iono iono iono iono

elktonnick

elktonnick

IMO that was a stupid defensive alignment, having the shift on.  Late innings you play a no doubles defense by guarding the lines.  In a normal alignment that would have been handled by the 1st baseman.

elktonnick

Murph

Just a matter of time before the much better club took the lead.

elktonnick

And Marcus Walden gets the blown save.  The bull pen continues to live up to expectations aided and abetted by incompetent field game management

longgame

Shouldn’t Barnes had been there to start this inning or at least once there were base runners?  Isn’t that the “high leverage” situation they said they’d use him in as opposed to the pen?  17th blown save today.  Figure they should have won at least a dozen of those.  I hope they enjoy the luxury flight home as they appear to like that part of the game as opposed to actually playing it.

elktonnick

There is so much wrong with Red Sox pitching and how they have been managed ( correction should read mismanaged)  that it is textbook as to how to screw up an otherwise excellent ballclub.

Murph

elktonnick

Barnes showed how effective a reliever he is.  Now 7 to 4.   My wife's solution put in Nunez to pitch as he is probably a better pitcher than 2nd baseman.

Murph

Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2019, 12:12:11 PM
Barnes showed how effective a reliever he is.  Now 7 to 4.   My wife's solution put in Nunez to pitch as he is probably a better pitcher than 2nd baseman.

LMAO but she has a great idea for this lackluster Sox team

elktonnick