GAME #83, SATURDAY, JUNE 29, 2019, NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX (LONDON)

Started by markj, June 29, 2019, 08:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

1:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Rick Porcello (R)

1. Mookie Betts (R) RF
2. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
3. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
4. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
5. Andrew Benintendi (L) LF
6. Christian Vazquez (R) C
7. Brock Holt (L) 2B
8. Michael Chavis (R) 1B
9. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF

Yankees

Masahiro Tanaka (R)

1. DJ LeMahieu (R) 3B
2. Aaron Judge (R) RF
3. Gary Sanchez (R) C
4. Luke Voit (R) 1B
5. Didi Gregorius (L) SS
6. Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
7. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
8. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
9. Brett Gardner (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 12%

Bill-806

Not sure what to expect ?? 2 wins, no injuries, get the heck home without any incidents ???  RED SOX have more to lose than the YANKS ….. iono iono iono iono

longgame

Sadly it appears Porcello, like many Sox pitchers, has a sudden loss of command.  Then Chavis misses what should have been an out in this ballpark.

longgame

longgame

This is worse than I imagined and its only the first inning.  I hope they enjoyed the luxury flight. 

elktonnick

Pocello pitching batting practice.

longgame

longgame

1/3 of an inning and 6 runs.  Get Porcello a coach standby ticket and send him to the airport. 

So disappointing.

elktonnick

markj

Shame the Brits don't get to see two pro-level teams playing. This is a joke. The Globe said earlier that Porcello was going to turn the season around starting today. Not so much.

Murph

The best thing is they get crushed both games and get the wheels going in motion going forward. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking they will get anything more than a 1 game and get ready for 2020. Offer Mookie an extension and when he refuses to see what they can get. No way they should be buyers when the deadline comes unless its petty players. Do not go over the LT and lose another draft pick.

Murph

longgame

At least they are showing signs of life at the plate. 

Agreed on all counts Murph.  I've been trying to be positive but this first inning laid things out bare.  Even if they come back in this game, let's stop the charade and either invest or break them up. 

markj

markj