GAME #4, MARCH 31, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX AT MARINERS

Started by Bear, March 31, 2019, 07:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Quote from: markj on March 31, 2019, 04:18:36 PM
So much for the lead in this game. Another lousy start.

Been watching Sox games over 40 years and can`t remember a start to the season where Sox pitchers have totally looked so terrible.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on March 31, 2019, 04:19:06 PM
Quote from: Murph on March 31, 2019, 01:55:25 PM
Beni a little dinged up I guess after fouling a pitch off his leg last night. Travis getting chances due to Pearce on the IL. Bats and pen doing the job but the starters badly suck big time.
In a 1:00 game on a SUNNY Sunday,  Benni's glove is missed...…  J D is not your SUNNY DAY outfielder …….. BREAKING NEWS,    3  run homer by SEATTLE !!!  Didn't any of these guys go to SPRING TRAINING ????? iono iono iono iono iono

I think they were all at camp, but did they spend more time on the diamond, or bowling/golf?

elktonnick

Beni a little dinged up I guess after fouling a pitch off his leg last night. Travis getting chances due to Pearce on the IL. Bats and pen doing the job but the starters badly suck big time.
In a 1:00 game on a SUNNY Sunday,  Benni's glove is missed...…  J D is not your SUNNY DAY outfielder …….. BREAKING NEWS,    3  run homer by SEATTLE !!!  Didn't any of these guys go to SPRING TRAINING ????? iono iono iono iono iono

Sale, Eovoldi, E Rod and now Porcello, no.one believes that all four of these guys are going to be as bad as they looked thus far this year.  At the risk of beating a dead horse, the common thread is that Cora deliberately did not work these guys in ST.  I ask myself why did these guys bother to show up at Jet Blue at all.  I know everyone considers Cora to be infallible after last year but so far this year I am not impressed. Like I said before he wasted ST with respect to the starters.

Murph

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 31, 2019, 04:22:57 PM

I think they were all at camp, but did they spend more time on the diamond, or bowling/golf?

Cora thought they worked so hard on October he literally gave them most of ST off. None these guys have had more then 10 innings of work
before opening the season.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 31, 2019, 04:22:57 PM

Blame Cora for not getting these guys ready.

Bill-806

9-3  Time to give the STARTERS the rest of the game off...… REST IS NEEDED !! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

markj

34 runs  and counting in 4 games. That is so sad.

markj

Because of errors, Porcello got out of this disaster with only 4 earned runs against him.

markj

markj

Can't blame the BP on this one. So far they're given up just one run.

BoSoxFanNY

WHAT the heck is happening with our STARTING PITCHERS???????

CRAP!

AND so far, the bullpen has not been the problem.

Murph

Red Sox starters: 15 innings, 13.20 ERA; Red Sox bullpen: 18 innings, 2.50 ERA

markj

Seattle is doing their best to give this one away. Bases loaded, one out. Sounds like the usual time for the Sox to GIDP.

markj