GAME #3, MARCH 30, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX AT MARINERS

Started by Bear, March 30, 2019, 10:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Another good inning by Hembree. That should be it for him. Don't risk another inning.

SeaBeachFred

Now you know why the one guy I want least up at the plate in a very close game where we need a clutch hit to turn a deficit into a tie or a lead is Bogaerts.   I have never had confidence in this guy in tight situations and tonight he showed himself as a gutless choker when we had a chance to tie or go ahead.  He will hit with no one on base, he will hit with our team ahead or way behind but he will seldom if ever get that big hit in the type of situation where he found himself tonight.  He won't do it because he can't do it, and cruel as it sounds I stand by something I first said back in 2014.....THE KEY IS A CHOKER.  Yes, I knew he would NOT come through because he's been in these situations before and he has failed almost every time.  HE TOOK THREE STRIKES WITHOUT GETTING THE BAT OFF HIS ADDLED SHOULDERS.  He is one guy I would not miss a twit if we didn't sign him for a new contract.

And what of our starters.  Three games and all three of them got their ass pounded by the Mariners.

elktonnick

I agree that I don't like Bogie' s approach.  He takes too many strikes .  As to the starters, none of the guys did any real work in ST.  They have performed the way I thought they would as a result.

Sea Dog 23

I have a hard time accepting the M's have been able to recreate a batting powerhouse after losing  key pieces from last year Carlos Santana, Cano, Seager injured and pitching Diaz (top reliever) Paxton.  I think we've come into Seattle devoid of pitching, yes.  But Dipoto has done a good job with their reset.

Murph

Quote from: markj on March 30, 2019, 10:01:47 PM
Same old E-rod. 105 pitches in 4.1 innings. Not even half a game. Captain Inefficiency.

In ST he was fantastic with his pitch count with teams minor league guys that won`t see the majors. Yet another reason to put very little into ST stats.

Murph

SP look inept while the pen that most thought would suck is holding their own.

markj

Bill-806

A win today and we leave town at 2-2 ……. Devers & Nunez ???????????????  A lot of early questions at all positions ????? iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on March 31, 2019, 12:24:35 PM
A win today and we leave town at 2-2 ……. Devers & Nunez ???????????????  A lot of early questions at all positions ????? iono iono iono

Yes Bill only IF we can get the win today.  Our pitchers have been getting their clocks clean the first three games and there should be no excuse for that except that Elk pointed out that our Spring Training escapade was more like a FLORIDA FROLIC than what a normal ST should have been.  The team sashsayed through six weeks of mind numbing goofing off and we're seeing some of the result of that the first three games.  What else can I say but we better get it together pretty soon---like maybe today for a start.

BoSoxFanNY

The Astros have started the season 1 - 2 against the Tampa Bay Rays
AND many analysts had them in the postseason possible
winning the American League Championship.

Just saying . . .

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on March 31, 2019, 01:38:35 PM

Just saying . . .
TRUE DAT, but as a RED SOX fan I/WE expect to win every GAME !!!! rofl rofl rofl

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Bill-806 on March 31, 2019, 01:44:10 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on March 31, 2019, 01:38:35 PM

Just saying . . .
TRUE DAT, but as a RED SOX fan I/WE expect to win every GAME !!!! rofl rofl rofl

Yes indeed.
Or AT LEAST win every series!

SeaBeachFred

The fact that the Yankees and Astros lost their first series is of little consolation to me.  Why should it when they mean nothing to me at all.  All I'm concerned about is the Red Sox and right now their pitching shows just how unprepared they were when ST ended.  I think even Cora now must admit his go slow operation was a debacle.  We were no more ready for the start of this season then we were in 2014, the last year we started the season as defending WS Titlists.......and every Red Sox still breathing should remember how that season turned out.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 31, 2019, 07:51:26 PM
The fact that the Yankees and Astros lost their first series is of little consolation to me.  Why should it when they mean nothing to me at all.  All I'm concerned about is the Red Sox and right now their pitching shows just how unprepared they were when ST ended.  I think even Cora now must admit his go slow operation was a debacle.  We were no more ready for the start of this season then we were in 2014, the last year we started the season as defending WS Titlists.......and every Red Sox still breathing should remember how that season turned out.

I DO remember.
We met, in person, at the Ring Ceremony that day.
Sox came into the series 2 -2 and after THE loss on Ring Ceremony day
the Sox NEVER went above .500.

SAD, long 2014 season.

HOPE that doesn't happen again.

(I plan to go to the 2018 World Series Ring Ceremony on April 9th.)

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 31, 2019, 07:51:26 PM

I remember. Hence my signature line at the bottom of my posts. Worst=>First=>Worst