GAME #1, MARCH 28, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX AT MARINERS

Started by Bear, March 26, 2019, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Gonzalez made some good pitches to avoid jams in 1st and 2nd.  Should be up  at least 3-0.  But  now 2-1 is good for Sale, but he's thrown 33 pitches in the 2nd.

markj

Sale losing it here. Last 4 batters: HR, walk, single, and HBP. Bases now loaded with 2 outs.

markj

And now a 2-run shot to RF. Luckily the Mariners tried for 3 runs and missed, so inning over. Sox down 3-2 now.

Murph

Sale looking like Erod with 53 damn pitches in 2 innings.Pen will be in by the 5th.Need a 8 spot here.

markj

Sale gives up a solo dinger to Encarnacion. Sox down 4-2 now.

Sea Dog 23

Leaving LOBsters every inning will come back to haunt.  But Gonzalez did give up 5 and 2 homers last week's opener to A's.

BoSoxFanNY

YIKES - NOT a good start for Sale.

Just as I was thinking that 2 runs may be enough for Sale -
BAM, home run, then more hits
CRAP
Mariners 4 - Sox 2

elktonnick

None of this is surprising to me, this is what happens when you don't work your starters in spring training.  I expect to see more like this from the Red Sox starters over the next two weeks.

markj

Beckham goes deep again for 2 this time. Sox down 6-2 now. Sale looks like crap.

Murph

Contract not looking good tonight.Pitches are all over the pkace.

markj

Sac fly makes it 7-2. Velazquez warming in the pen. Yeah, that'll help.

Murph

Quote from: markj on March 28, 2019, 07:28:10 PM
Beckham goes deep again for 2 this time. Sox down 6-2 now. Sale looks like crap.
He doesn't  even look that good.Putrid performance !!!

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on March 28, 2019, 07:28:10 PM
According to the ESPN crew Sale only threw 9 innings in ST.  It is totally ridiculous to expect a starter to be regular season ready with such a light AT workload.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAPPY start to the season
CRAPPY start for Sale

AND yet, Sale's last start in Spring Training - he went 6 scoreless innings . . .

elktonnick

I think Sale only went 5 innings in that game mainly against Pirates guys wearing very high numbers on their backs meaning they weren't their best.