GAME #1, MARCH 28, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX AT MARINERS

Started by Bear, March 26, 2019, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

RED SOX V MARINERS

THURSDAY MARCH 28, 7:10 PM, ET,

T-MOBILE PARK

TV:  NESN  ESPN, MLBN (OUT-OF-MARKET ONLY)

BOSTON (0--0--------------------------------------------------------------------------------MARINERS, 2-0

BOSTON:

Chris Sale, LHP, 0-0, 0-0 ERA

Sale. fresh off signing a five-year, $145-million contract extension, gets the ball
on Opening Day for the second straight season and fifth of his career.  Sale will try
to duplicate his dominance from last year's opener at Tropicana Field, when he allowed
one hit over six shutout innings and struck out nine.  Sale has always loved pitching
in Seattle, where he is 3-0 with a 1.91 ERA in four career starts.

MARINERS:

MARCO GONZALES, LHP,1-0,4:50 ERA

Gonzales made his first career Opening Day start in Tokyo and picked up the
victory while allowing seven hits and four runs (three earned) over six innings.  The
27-year-old went 13-3 with a 4.00 ERA in 19 starts last year, his first full season
in the Majors, including a 5-0 loss at Fenway Park in June in his lone meeting with
the Red Sox.

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/news/red-sox-mariners-2019-opening-day-preview

Bear

LINEUPS

BOSTON:

1. Andrew Benintendi, LF
2. Mookie Betts, RF
3. Rafael Devers, 3B
4. J.D. Martinez, DH
5. Xander Bogaerts, SS
6. Mitch Moreland, 1B
7. Eduardo Núñez, 2B
8. Jackie Hernandez, CF
9. Christian Vázquez, C

PITCHER:  CHRIS SALE

MARINERS:

Lineup

1. Dee Gordon, 2B
2. Mitch Haniger, RF
3. Jay Bruce, 1B
4. Edwin Encarnacion, DH
5. Domingo Santana, LF
6. Omar Narváez, C
7. Ryon Healy, 3B
8. Tim Beckham, SS
9. Mallex Smith, CF

PITCHER:  MARCO GONZALES

Bear

Red Sox-Mariners pitching matchups

Here are the pitching matchups for the Red Sox-Mariners series:

Thursday: LHP Chris Sale (12-4, 2.11 in 2018) vs. LHP Marco Gonzales (1-0, 4.50), 7:10 p.m. (ET), NESN, ESPN.

Friday:     RHP Nate Eovaldi (6-7, 3.81 in 2018) vs. LHP Yusei Kikuchi (0-0, 1.93), 10:10 p.m. (ET), NESN.

Saturday: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (13-5, 3.82 in 2018) vs. RHP Mike Leake (10-10, 4.36) in 2018, 9:10 p.m. (ET), NESN.

Sunday:   RHP Rick Porcello (17-7, 4.28 in 2018) vs. LHP Wade LeBlanc (9-5, 3.72) in 2018, 4:10 p.m. (ET), NESN.

markj

Bear

Thank you Mark.  Feels good to be doing something.

Go Sox

Murph

Excited for the opening but not overly optimistic for the season. With a great offense and very good SP, they should IMO get to the playoffs. A lackluster pen will prevent them from going far in the PO. 93-95 wins should be possible.

GO SOX

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on March 27, 2019, 10:13:48 PM
Wonderful to have you back, Bear!!  thumb_u

I AGREE!
WONDERFUL to have you back!!

Let's GO BoSox!!

Bear

Bill-806

YES, good to see all of you back in the FOLD.....  Keep your eye on NUNEZ tonight as I think he is DONE, the KNEES do not allow him to move !!   GO RED SOX, make us PROUD AGAIN !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on March 28, 2019, 05:15:40 PM
YES, good to see all of you back in the FOLD.....  Keep your eye on NUNEZ tonight as I think he is DONE, the KNEES do not allow him to move !!   GO RED SOX, make us PROUD AGAIN !!! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nunez is in because we are facing a left handed pitcher===that would be my guess.  If he can't move we will have to insert Holt in there and keep him there until Pedroia comes back, whenever that is.  And who is this Jackie Hernandez and why is Jackie Bradley not in the lineup?  Is he hurt or is Cora going the righty-lefty match up  I feel good about starting the season but I'm not that much enamored about our starting lineup tonight and hope Moreland will not keep pulling off pitches as he usually does against southpaws.  Would have liked Swihart in the lineup to give us another bat in there.  Well, it is what it is so I'm hoping the team will go out there and play like the champions they are with Chris Sale being able to go six or seven innings to limit that bullpen of ours from having to get too many outs.  GO RED SOX!!!!!!!

markj

markj

markj

Devers getting a quick start on his error total for the year. First ball hit his way this season. Inning should be over.

markj

Sale with his 3rd K to end the inning. He looks good so far.

markj

Beckham with a booming solo shot off Sale. Sox up 2-1.