Kiermaier to the Jays

Started by longgame, December 10, 2022, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on December 24, 2022, 10:41:47 AM
It would seem to me that a club would go into the offseason with a plan.  We want these guys, and if we don’t get player A, we move on to Player B. By contrast, the Sox appear to have no plans and seem to cast about with “interest” in lots of players.  You lose a SS, you go an get your second choice for SS, right?  It’s sort of like shopping for a car and when they don’t have it you just walk home and maybe try to buy a horse and some goats?

Love your analogy

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on December 24, 2022, 06:55:02 AM
Th Sox had been exploring the trade market several weeks for a good OF.  Those trades come at a cost.  One of those Sox targets was Varsho of Dbacks.

Yesterday D backs traded OF Varsho for Jays’ top prospect catcher Moreno and starting OF Guriel Jr. The Sox are back on the clock.  Maybe a trade with Marlins for INF Joey Wendle .   Marlins turned down the trade pieces for SS Rojas.  With the lack of a great bat, as those two players lack the punch, the net changes do not improve the Sox from infield 2022.  (Wendle hit .270 in 22 I think).

Outfoxed, outsmarted and outbid---once again Bloom has continued to cement himself as the most incompetent and worthless baseball player executive in Red Sox history and now we fine ourselves out of the running for Nathan Eovaldi because Bloomer boy's total failure as our baseball ops director and Henry's miserable penny pinching.  This 2023 team will be one of the worst for the Red Sox in the past 30 year.  And NO JOEY WENDLE FOR US BLOOMER, YOU STUPID BASTARD.  WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER LEFT HANDED HITTER. WE NEED POWER FROM THE RIGHT SIDE, MAYBE TWO SUCH HITTERS

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on December 24, 2022, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on December 24, 2022, 06:55:02 AM
Th Sox had been exploring the trade market several weeks for a good OF.  Those trades come at a cost.  One of those Sox targets was Varsho of Dbacks.

Yesterday D backs traded OF Varsho for Jays’ top prospect catcher Moreno and starting OF Guriel Jr. The Sox are back on the clock.  Maybe a trade with Marlins for INF Joey Wendle .   Marlins turned down the trade pieces for SS Rojas.  With the lack of a great bat, as those two players lack the punch, the net changes do not improve the Sox from infield 2022.  (Wendle hit .270 in 22 I think).

Outfoxed, outsmarted and outbid---once again Bloom has continued to cement himself as the most incompetent and worthless baseball player executive in Red Sox history and now we fine ourselves out of the running for Nathan Eovaldi because Bloomer boy's total failure as our baseball ops director and Henry's miserable penny pinching.  This 2023 team will be one of the worst for the Red Sox in the past 30 year.  And NO JOEY WENDLE FOR US BLOOMER, YOU STUPID BASTARD.  WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER LEFT HANDED HITTER. WE NEED POWER FROM THE RIGHT SIDE, MAYBE TWO SUCH HITTERS

And it’s not like we didn’t have these needs going into the offseason and then they lose their two best right handed hitters that carried what little offense was left on this team. 

I’m sure some weak hitting lefty utility guys are available somewhere and teams know they can unload anyone on Bloom.

Sea Dog 23

The Twins and Correa are finalizing a deal at 6/$200m, could max at 270. And the caveat. pending physical.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 10, 2023, 11:36:04 AM
The Twins and Correa are finalizing a deal at 6/$220m, could max at 270m.  And the caveat. pending physical.

Yep "Pending physical".  I would have thought the home of the Mayo Clinic would have good doctors like in NY and SF, but if he passes, I guess not!

Someone said he's signed for $800MM already this offseason.

Sea Dog 23

Bloom wasted all that time pondering what pitchers and shortstops Sox could get in a trade withe the Marlins.  Now all Bloom gets is a monstrous phone bill.  Did studying the great philosophers at Yale prepare him for anything besides driving a clown car?

Today the Marlins completed a 3-team trade with Pirates and Dodgers.involving 9-10 players. LA gets the SS Miguel Rojas and the young pitcher Rogers from Marlins.  Pittsburgh sends a great OF Brian Reynolds to Marlins. I think Blake Tienen went from LA to Pirates among some other players.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 11, 2023, 06:50:32 PM
Bloom wasted all that time pondering what pitchers and shortstops Sox could get in a trade withe the Marlins.  Now all Bloom gets is a monstrous phone bill.  Did studying the great philosophers at Yale prepare him for anything besides driving a clown car?

Today the Marlins completed a 3-team trade with Pirates and Dodgers.involving 9-10 players. LA gets the SS Miguel Rojas and the young pitcher Rogers from Marlins.  Pittsburgh sends a great OF Brian Reynolds to Marlins. I think Blake Tienen went from LA to Pirates among some other players.

One of the major criticisms of Bloom by Fenway has been his slowness at making decisions.  He is constantly being out maneuvered by his competitors.  I think studying Machiavelli and Sun Tzu would have prepared him better than the ancient Greek and Roman philosophers.   

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on January 11, 2023, 07:55:02 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 11, 2023, 06:50:32 PM

One of the major criticisms of Bloom by Fenway has been his slowness at making decisions.  He is constantly being out maneuvered by his competitors.  I think studying Machiavelli and Sun Tzu would have prepared him better than the ancient Greek and Roman philosophers.

Well said.  I wonder if he gets tired of getting beaten in every single pursuit by the rest of MLB.  I've never seen a guy lose so much and he's building our team.  Maybe he should just go with a gut feel one time and make a deal.  Let's face it, they were shamed into acting on Devers or he'd be gone too. 

Sea Dog 23

A Chapman sighting. Aroldis Chapman signed with the Royals this week, 1/ 3.75 mil with incentives.  I haven't heard his name since he went AWOL from NYY.

Sea Dog 23

The Orioles DFAd Darwinzon before throwing a pitch, after they traded for Cole Irvin. Irvin was 3.07 era at Oakland, but 5.26 on the road.

Sea Dog 23

Dombrowski is a baseball man.  Return his team to the playoffs.  He gets it.  He lost the 2B Segura to FA. He had an adequate SS Bryson Stott for ‘22 in the World Series.  A star SS Trea Turner is available.  He gets that done.  To bolster SS /2B on Friday, he signed a stable Josh Harrison +1.5 WAR, .256 ba in ‘22 .  Strength up the middle.

Pivot to Boston.  Sox lose their icon at SS to the Padres.  Then lose the backup SS to surgery.  Move the CF to SS,  check.  To give help to a thin infield, Bloom signs a fragile SS who has had 15 injuries in 7 years, -00.4 WAR, .140 ba in 2022 of an injured year,  and is still rehabbing from two ‘22 surgeries.  Strength up the middle?  Bloom excels at accounting 101 but does not understand winning baseball.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 30, 2023, 07:29:08 AM
Dombrowski is a baseball man.  Return his team to the playoffs.  He gets it.  He lost the 2B Segura to FA. He had an adequate SS Bryson Stott for ‘22 in the World Series.  A star SS Trea Turner is available.  He gets that done.  To bolster SS /2B on Friday, he signed a stable Josh Harrison +1.5 WAR, .256 ba in ‘22 .  Strength up the middle.

Pivot to Boston.  Sox lose their icon at SS to the Padres.  Then lose the backup SS to surgery.  Move the CF to SS,  check.  To give help to a thin infield, Bloom signs a fragile SS who has had 15 injuries in 7 years, -00.4 WAR, .140 ba in 2022 of an injured year,  and is still rehabbing from two ‘22 surgeries.  Strength up the middle?  Bloom excels at accounting 101 but does not understand winning baseball.

Go get 'em Sea Dog, but please tell us something we do not know.  Bloom is a blooming baseball idiot.

Sea Dog 23

With a 2022 record of 12-2 and 3.23 era, Michael Wacha agrees to sign with San Diego

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 14, 2023, 10:49:42 AM
With a 2022 record of 12-2 and 3.23 era, Michael Wacha agrees to sign with San Diego

Too bad the Red Sox can't get guys like this.   >:(

Sea Dog 23

Padres are in the process of finalizing a Bogey type deal for Manny Machado.  Money to burn.  11 years, however San Diego ups his deal to $350 mil (Bogey got $280m)  Thats $31.8 AAV.