Blooms moves or lack thereof

Started by elktonnick, November 27, 2022, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Refsnyder wants out.  On Twitter it says he wants a trade, ‘not happy with his contract’.  He is not Kyrie Irving but he probably sees lots of bodies out in the outfield.  Tapia and there’s Raphaela making noise.  Bloom would probably trade him for an OF magician or just say <fat chance hombre>

From Mike McAuliffe, BrightsideSox

elktonnick

In light of Kike Hernandez's comments on needing to change the clubhouse culture, it is obvious that  as we suspected  Bloom has devastated clubhouse morale.  It is remarkable that Devers agreed to the deal. It is apparent that few ballplayers want to play for him.  Why should they?  He clearly builds clubs held together by ace bandages. 

MongoLikeSox

Is this for real? I can imagine being 32 years old and still being under team control for this season and next would suck.

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on February 16, 2023, 09:39:48 AM
Our problems are solved with another high flying pickup, Yu Chang.

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/press-release-red-sox-agree-to-one-year-contract-with-infielder-yu-chang

Being as objective as I can, the Chang deal could tell me two things. 1)  Mondesi is progressing in rehab and could play 2B opening day or within a week of that, or 2) Bloom is throwing another cheapo piece against the wall to convince Sox fans how a genious he is in his own mind.

I dearly trust the former  is the case  ---   for my own sanity !!

MongoLikeSox

That's downright depressing. I swear it is. Stat Cast Athlete except for he can't hit for squat. effing lovely. Great athleticism is what they said last year, right? His K-Rate went up last season to 35%.  Oh, but he did steel a base once. I'm not fibbing. It says so right there in the baseball reference stat sheet. It happened in 2021.  1-1 lifetime, but pfffttttt that's just traditional old time statistics that don't matter anymore.

UFB!!!

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 16, 2023, 11:52:57 AM

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/press-release-red-sox-agree-to-one-year-contract-with-infielder-yu-chang

Being as objective as I can, the Chang deal could tell me two things. 1)  Mondesi is progressing in rehab and could play 2B opening day or within a week of that, or 2) Bloom is throwing another cheapo piece against the wall to convince Sox fans how a genious he is in his own mind.

Looking at Mondesi's track record, if he is ready opening day it just means he will be injured again sooner.  Mondesi is an injury waiting to happen.

SeaBeachFred

Can you believe it Red?  Hitless wonder Yu Chang is back with us.  If anything can remind us of the dismal 2022 season Yu Chang can.  He was totally crappy for us in those 15 games.  What did he hit, 150?.  No power, no speed and it looked like he just got up from the dinner table after consuming 10,000 calories.  Way to go Bloom; another choice pickup for your ledger you worthless bum.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on February 16, 2023, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 16, 2023, 11:52:57 AM

Looking at Mondesi's track record, if he is ready opening day it just means he will be injured again sooner.  Mondesi is an injury waiting to happen.

And if he is anything like his dad you can bet he will leave tons of runners on base. His dad Raul was far and away the worst clutch hitter I ever saw. The Dodgers, Blue Jays and Yankees saw it.  He was sickening with a game on the line just as dBogaerts was late in a game and he had a shitty attitude.  On that score I hope the son brings a better one to the field that his dad did.

MongoLikeSox

I'm still shaking my head over that series of moves to get Mondesi and Chang. 34% K-rates. Assuming semi-full seasons from both of them, may looking at 12-14 HR pop for their .235 BA. Some stolen bases if we wanted to risk further injury.

So what happens if an invitee has a great ST? Is that just too bad because we got Yu Chang? Why sign Chang to a roster spot? His list of suitors was strong, I bet. Probably was holding out for a sure-to-come MLB contract.

We're paying $4M for this pair, and lost a good lefty in a trade for the opportunity. One of Andrus/Iglesias would have been infinitely more reliable for $6M-$7M, and we'd still have Taylor.  In other words, Bloom made a mess for a chance at some SB's and a few more Home Runs than Iglesias would have gotten. Or was it to save $3M? Are we that tight now?

elktonnick

I think Bloom never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. 

longgame

MongoLikeSox

Tomase had some other articles I stumbled upon while reading that one. One article discussed Henry was fighting back. Another article that included a video excerpt from Dan Shaunessy suggesting delusional. (Someone obviously is.)  A couple of fluff writers had email interviews with Henry. The Red Sox' MLB site is filled with the same sort of fluff.

It's as simple as this. The front office needs to shut up. The PR machine that is the Red Sox has been exposed. Every counterpoint they've made has been filled with so many holes that it only increases the negative chatter. It's so bad right now that we can't even decide whom to call Baghdad Bob. It's an insult.

And if it could not get worse, The epic fail of Chaim Bloom might be getting bigger by the day. His estimations of what other GMs may or may not do may take another hit. A MASSIVE hit. Enter Noah Song.

Pumpsie Green

Quote from: longgame on February 22, 2023, 11:47:38 AM
Tomase gives his glass half full pronouncement.  Basically a lot has to go right!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/red-sox-skeptic-explains-why-he-hopes-hes-wrong-about-everything-2023?cid=sm_npd_rsn_bos_twt_mn

This is a last place quality team-again. I would give Bloom one more year to right the ship. If we aren't in the playoffs next year the entire house should be cleaned. Meanwhile, hold your noses.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Pumpsie Green on February 27, 2023, 12:20:16 PM
Quote from: longgame on February 22, 2023, 11:47:38 AM
Tomase gives his glass half full pronouncement.  Basically a lot has to go right!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/red-sox-skeptic-explains-why-he-hopes-hes-wrong-about-everything-2023?cid=sm_npd_rsn_bos_twt_mn

This is a last place quality team-again. I would give Bloom one more year to right the ship. If we aren't in the playoffs next year the entire house should be cleaned. Meanwhile, hold your noses.

Good to see you back here Pumpsie and once again you are right on course.