GAME #118, FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT ORIOLES

Started by Bear, August 10, 2018, 06:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

ipot

Brasier should be ashamed of himself.  He was the only Sox pitcher not to let anyone on base.

Eovaldi is what we know he is: a career 4.15 pitcher with a 1.34 WHIP and .266 BAA.   
E-Rod and Wright can't get back into this rotation fast enough.

I like how the lousy pitching for 2 days and getting the bats to go nuts. (oh wait, it was the O's...)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Sox playing .701 ball nearing mid-August. Just to keep thing in perspective. If they sweep the O's, they'll be fifty games over .500.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 10, 2018, 07:15:16 PM
Fred was right, the Sox weren't about to take this game seriously and it's showing. JBJ blows an easy one and costs the Sox another run. This is ridiculous.

You sometimes can feel when your team is off kilter but I'd rather be  told I'm full of crap and proven wrong then to see what went down early in the game mark.  Fortunately, our hitters got going and we put a lot of tallies on that board.  I just hope the team realized that this team we're playing have given the Yankees fits this season.  We'll see if the Red Sox learned their lesson tomorrow.  I sure hope so.  At least we got back the game we let get away yesterday and are back up by nine games.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on August 10, 2018, 09:13:22 PM
Here's food for thought. Instead of worrying about tomorrow nights game just make it easy and activate Sale & let him pitch tomorrow and give the pen time to rest for a Sunday relievers game.

You've made some very good points your last two missives George and it would do Cora a lot of good to do exactly what you suggest and would give us a better chance of hopefully winning two games tomorrow.  Every win is important and every little bit helps.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 10, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
SOX look FLAT, like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM FLAT" !!!  Seen enough...…  !! thumb_d iono iono iono
WOW..... 5 pages of threads ??  "USE GUYS" are DIE HARDS !!! After a good night sleep I am thrilled that we got the WIN and got out of that PAAK for a night of rest..... The game was UGLY for sure !!!  GEE WIZ, what is going on in BASEBALL ???   OK, YANK$ LOST !!!   Lets get TWO today, win the first one first !!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl iono iono iono iono

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on August 11, 2018, 07:48:34 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on August 10, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
SOX look FLAT, like "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM FLAT" !!!  Seen enough...…  !! thumb_d iono iono iono
WOW..... 5 pages of threads ??  "USE GUYS" are DIE HARDS !!! After a good night sleep I am thrilled that we got the WIN and got out of that PAAK for a night of rest..... The game was UGLY for sure !!!  GEE WIZ, what is going on in BASEBALL ???   OK, YANK$ LOST !!!   Lets get TWO today, win the first one first !!!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl iono iono iono iono

Ugly!!! That was the worst played game I have seen in years.  Gratefully the Sox won.