GAME #83, FRIDAY, JUNE 29, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT NEW YORK YANKEES

Started by longgame, June 29, 2018, 03:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

They got schooled tonight.  Looked like KC or BAL. 
Charlie Cheeseburger has a way of making himself relevant still.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Pathetic and disgusting performance tonight.  A little pride and determination is now mandatory for us so we an go out tomorrow and even the series.  There usually isn't any carryover when the two team meet and we cannot afford one on Saturday.  So hard to understand how we could go out there and play such a listless and miserable game in the opener of such an important series.  Well look ahead to tomorrow and hope for a better outcome.  We need Sale to pitch a gem and the hitters to wake up and give him the support he needs and not the crap they usually have given him this year in many of his starts.

elktonnick

I had concerns before the game that A-Rod wouldn't be up to the task.  I believe I wrote several weeks ago that despite Cora's denials to the contrary E-Rod lacks confidence against New York.  He gives the impression of being scared witless against the Yankees lineup.  When he refused to pitch to Stanton in the first, I knew it was going to be a long night. Moreover Cora did nothing for E-Rod self confidence by leaving him in as long as he did.  Let's face it folks I don't care what his record is, against this edition of the Bronx Bombers E-Rod is a wuss.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on June 29, 2018, 08:58:19 PM
Not very impressed. I thought E-Rod would do better. And again, no offense.
CONCUR.... E-ROD is a thrower and not a thinker...… That said, not a good game by the SOX...Actually, a good one to get out of the WAY as we only had to use one guy out of the PEN..... Look for BOBBY POYNER to come up today ……..  Hitting wise, we were trying to take  C C deep all night while the CRAFTY old man toyed with us on the corners, smart baseball by the aged one !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 30, 2018, 07:58:12 AM
CONCUR.... E-ROD is a thrower and not a thinker...… That said, not a good game by the SOX...Actually, a good one to get out of the WAY as we only had to use one guy out of the PEN..... Look for BOBBY POYNER to come up today ……..  Hitting wise, we were trying to take  C C deep all night while the CRAFTY old man toyed with us on the corners, smart baseball by the aged one !! iono iono rofl rofl rofl
I agree.  I have posted before that E-Rod pitches stupidly.  He allegedly has talent and excellent stuff but he is incapable of overcoming his temperament and pitch intelligently.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 30, 2018, 08:13:09 AM
Quote from: Bill-806 on June 30, 2018, 07:58:12 AM
I agree.  I have posted before that E-Rod pitches stupidly.  He allegedly has talent and excellent stuff but he is incapable of overcoming his temperament and pitch intelligently.
IF I was  D D, I would package E-ROD in a potential BLOCKBUSTER !!! iono iono

Bill-806

BROC HOLT ……  While waiting for SATURDAY's night GAME THREAD, can you BELIEVE that BROC HOLT is not in the lineup against the RIGHT handed SONEY GRAY ????? iono iono iono iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh