5. Mitch Moreland (L) 1B
6. Eduardo Nunez (R) 2B
7. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
8. Christian Vazquez (R) C
9. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF

Gametime Forecast: 75°F • Clear • 1% PoP

longgame

Somehow JBJ makes the lineup. 

Someone who knows defensive metrics well could help here.  JBJ has a defensive run total of 10 above average, which sounds good and is among the top at his position. But his defensive runs saved is -1, one of the worst.  I find some of these stats a bit cryptic and didn't have a chance to dig in further but was wondering if anyone knew.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2018-specialpos_cf-fielding.shtml

Bill-806

80 GAMES already ???  Heck, it was just yesterday that I was talking about  APRIL & MAY and how all those games meant something !!! iono iono iono rofl rofl

markj

Offense is firing against this fill-in SP with the bad haircut. Hope they keep it up and don't let him off the hook.

markj

Lamb had a bad hair day and a bad start. Sox pounced for 5 runs in 2 innings before Scioscia yanked him. Price gives up a solo dinger to our old friend Chris Young. Now 5-1 Sox.

Schloicka

markj

longgame

Been out to dinner and was surprised to see the score!  Amazing what happens when the bottom of the lineup produces.

markj

longgame

Amazing they found someone who looks just like JBJ, can fit in his uniform, but can actually hit!

markj

Convincing win. No screwups to speak of. JBJ done good. Price was excellent as was the BP.

Schloicka

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 26, 2018, 05:27:49 PM
Somehow JBJ makes the lineup. 

Someone who knows defensive metrics well could help here.  JBJ has a defensive run total of 10 above average, which sounds good and is among the top at his position. But his defensive runs saved is -1, one of the worst.  I find some of these stats a bit cryptic and didn't have a chance to dig in further but was wondering if anyone knew.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2018-specialpos_cf-fielding.shtml
\
Well Ted we can give a pass tonight to both Bradley and Vazquez because they came through big and I can only hope that this leads to something good for them because it would help the team immeasurably if we could deepen our lineup and more pressure on the opposing pitchers as the Yankees do because of their deep lineup.  We need a deep one too for this summer.  As usual the Phillies looked like shit against Severeno but that's no surprise because that kid is a helluva pitcher.  Don't expect the Phils to right their ship tomorrow either so we have to win again on Wednesday and Thursday before invading Yankee Stadium.  We have no choice on that.

SeaBeachFred

Boy I wish we could have a lot more games like this the next three months.  I know some will be close but it is a real hoot when our team takes another team apart.  We also had to win tonight because the Yankees won against a typical NL team  that couldn't hold a candle to some of the powerhouses we have in our league.  Very good game tonight.  And good for Jackie and Christian.  Long time coming but if we could get some consistent hitting from those two from here on in it would help our offense.  Of course we know how hot and cold Bradley has been in his career.  One can only hope that this hot streak carries over for another few weeks.

ipot

Quote from: longgame on June 26, 2018, 08:39:38 PM
Amazing they found someone who looks just like JBJ, can fit in his uniform, but can actually hit!

:)  JBJ's on a 2 game hot streak.  Or his double is. ;)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee