GAME #79, SUNDAY, JUNE 24, 2018, SEATTLE MARINERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 24, 2018, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Tampa Bay Rays BEAT the Yankees in extra innings 7- 6.
The SWEPT the Yankees
  AND helped to put the Sox back into a tie in the AL EAST.

WOW!

A great day of baseball for Red Sox fans.

BoSoxFanNY

markj

Wow. Rays sweep the Yanks. Miracles happen. ALE all tied up again.

BoSoxFanNY

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 24, 2018, 04:45:24 PM
Quote from: markj on June 24, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Yes, indeed!
B I N G O, BINGO, B I N G O dat !!!!  WOW, the YANK$ took defeat out of the JAWS of VICTORY.... Can't BELIEVE it, 3 in a row to TAMPA.... Thank you RAYS !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 24, 2018, 02:57:05 PM
For all the JBJ haters -
he had a good day at the plate.
3 for 3, with three singles.

Bradley finally had a good hitting game so good for him and the Red Sox.  No doing flips yet because I have seen his droughts sin ce 2014, but I will take it.  Now let's see if we can keep playing good ball and not revert back to our mediocre ways.  Good they got Sale some run support for a change..  I'm not trying to throw cold water on things but we are still two down in the loss column and to me that is the column we should be watching very carefully and concentrating on.  But a good weekend the way things turned out.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 24, 2018, 05:18:40 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 24, 2018, 02:57:05 PM
For all the JBJ haters -
he had a good day at the plate.
3 for 3, with three singles.

Bradley finally had a good hitting game so good for him and the Red Sox.  No doing flips yet because I have seen his droughts sin ce 2014, but I will take it.  Now let's see if we can keep playing good ball and not revert back to our mediocre ways.  Good they got Sale some run support for a change..  I'm not trying to throw cold water on things but we are still two down in the loss column and to me that is the column we should be watching very carefully and concentrating on.  But a good weekend the way things turned out.
YES, J B J, the next  JOLTON JOE DiMaggio !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl

ipot

Quote from: markj on June 24, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Indeed indeed!  Good end to the weekend.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

JBJ's night just earned him another month in Cora's lineup, but he's still well below .200. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 25, 2018, 08:38:54 AM
JBJ's night just earned him another month in Cora's lineup, but he's still well below .200.
Also, might improve any inquiries ??? iono iono

ipot

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 25, 2018, 11:54:21 AM
Quote from: longgame on June 25, 2018, 08:38:54 AM
Also, might improve any inquiries ??? iono iono

He'd have to get up to about 240-250 by the ASB to generate good interest. 

BUT, if he does that it means he'll have been on a hot streak, hitting way over 300 for 3 weeks.  Which then means: yikes, do we take our chances that he's hot through October at that point?? :-X
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee