GAME #78, SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2018, SEATTLE MARINERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 23, 2018, 04:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

OK.  Accepting that Bogie and Mookie were legitimately not good enough to play, it really exposes how shallow our depth is. If Pedroia were in the lineup, then we avoid Lin altogether as Nunez is the b/u infielder.  Swihart is simply declining. But, please, send JBJ somewhere else. I can live with Vaz/Leon platooning at catcher.

It's mostly moot tonight because E-Rod and an error pretty much got us in a 5-0 hole, enough to lose...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 23, 2018, 09:28:36 PM
Quote from: markj on June 23, 2018, 07:50:44 PM
E-Rod with a crappy outing. Not looking like the bats will save them tonight.

Despite his record,  E-Rod pitches like he has never started before.  They say he has good self confidence but he never pitches that way even when he is winning.  He is always a frustrating pitcher to watch.
B I N G O dat !!!  OH, but the POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL !! Package him up & send him out to find his POTENTIAL !!! I am tired of "the not knowing how much POTENTIAL is going to show up" !! thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh sigh

longgame

The night before he put out the best lineup they can muster and they scored a bunch.  Get the guys who can't hit their weight dominating the lineup and this is what happens.  Glad I didn't see any of this game!