GAME #77, FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2018, SEATTLE MARINERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 22, 2018, 02:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Kimbrel does his thing. BP did well tonight. Lots of offense brought this one home. Who would have thought the Sox could win having given up 10 runs?

Schloicka

Lot of hitting and scoring. Barnes with the win. On to Saturday.

elktonnick

markj

Think Cora will take the hint that this was a good lineup? 14 runs. Rinse and repeat.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 22, 2018, 10:01:58 PM
Think Cora will take the hint that this was a good lineup? 14 runs. Rinse and repeat.

No I don't think Cora will take the hint.  He has this thing for Bradley and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he is back in there tomorrow---WHICH HE MOST CERTAINLY SHOULD NOT BE, NOT TOMORROW OR EVER.  The only way to get him out though is for Dombrowski to package him in a trade out of town because as sure as God made little green apples we can be sure that we will be singing this sour song all summer.  Bradley needs to go and this is the lineup that should be playing for the next two weeks to see how it fares with Nunez at DH and Swihart playing more in order to get his timing down and start contributing a helluva lot more than Bradley would, and most likely Vazquez too.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 22, 2018, 09:51:47 PM
See I knew it was in the bag all the way ::)

A little better tonight Elk but just a little bit better.  I want to see the team keep hitting and not fall into the dregs again, but Cora must not get Bradley back in that lineup because the one we used tonight I believe is the best one we can put out there.

ipot

Quote from: markj on June 22, 2018, 09:47:18 PM
Kimbrel does his thing. BP did well tonight. Lots of offense brought this one home. Who would have thought the Sox could win having given up 10 runs?

BP was great.  5+ inns of shutout ball, enough to get us back in it and win it
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 22, 2018, 06:50:46 PM
LOOKS like a BARN BURNER,  see you all in the morning !!! iono iono
WOW, what a WIN …….One for the ages & YANK$ lost 2-1 in TAMPA !!! Steven Wrights problem last night tells me that KNUCKELBALL pitchers need to pith more often than every 5th day ?? iono iono

elktonnick

Knuckleballers are affected by the weather and the wind more than any other pitcher.  Last night the ball was traveling.  That and the fact that Wright had just faced Seattle a short time before affected his performance more than anything.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 23, 2018, 08:35:53 AM
Knuckleballers are affected by the weather and the wind more than any other pitcher.  Last night the ball was traveling.  That and the fact that Wright had just faced Seattle a short time before affected his performance more than anything.
So, what was the weather at Fenway last night ???  I still say, RUST/rest is not the friend of a knuckleball pitcher ?? iono iono

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 23, 2018, 08:35:53 AM

Seriously, something was in the air last night.  Some of those knucklers were really flying all over the place while others were just straight.  Kelly's curveball had the biggest bite I've ever seen him throw.  Balls that didn't look like they would carry ended up 15 rows up for both teams, or in Cruz's case, even further, although his were no-doubters.  I guess the atmosphere was just right for balls to move all over the place.

How about JD Martinez.  The fact that he's hardly ever talked about while having a great season is an indication of just how good a signing he has been.  We Sox fans always find something to complain about, but JD just keeps getting the job done.  We just better not complain about his defense since the alternative is having the human cipher in there!  Had to laugh though, when Beni slid into the wall and didn't make that catch (and Cora stood idly by and didn't replace Wright until after he gave up the 3 run dinger to the next batter), I was waiting for O'Brien to muse that JBJ would have had it.  Maybe he didn't because Eck would have done to him what the wind did to Remy's ad copy a couple of weeks ago!

Devers and Vazquez showed good signs too and Holt had another good night.  If Devers and Vaz can get it going and Cora is smart enough to a) keep Holt in and b) keep Bradley out, they could get it back together again.