GAME #74, TUESDAY, JUNE 19, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by longgame, June 19, 2018, 12:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on June 19, 2018, 10:51:39 PM
Robbie Effin# Scott?  Really, Cora?
NOT GOOD, SPORTS FANS !!!  Robbie Scott is a stiff..... That said SALE has a law suit for NO SUPPORT !!  SOX just want to play LONG BALL and as DAD would say...…. "SON, to WIN, you need to play fundamental BASEBALL, live by the LONG BALL, die by the LONG BALL" !! thumb_d iono iono

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 19, 2018, 10:30:26 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 19, 2018, 08:41:32 PM
Once again Nunez doesn't make a play that he should have at second base.  When is Cora going to realize that Nunez can't play second.  He is awful.

Cora is stupid and stubborn Elk, two tragic and weaknesses that will derail our team.  It is obvious to me that unless Nunez hits a ton he is a minus for us in the lineup and I mean he must hit over 300 and be able to hit with a little power.  I don't know why he doesn't put Holt on second and keep him there.  Cora doesn't have a clue, and as I said three weeks ago I have come to the conclusion that this guy is a managerial fraud along the lines of our last miserable skipper, and all this bullshit talk about defense, defense and defense for keeping Bradley and his 182 average in the lineup or those two stiffs catching for us should be cast into the trash bin after tonight and after what happened last Saturday night and Friday when we got six runs on mostly Mariner blunders and couldn't score another run after the third inning.  How did defense defense and defense win those games????  They didn't,  And if Bora Bora wants to stress defense he will get Nunez out of second base and put Holt out there for the duration.  How f23k4n& dumb can our manager be not to see this?

While JBJ made a great throw which saved a run, he also misplayed two flyballs on one of which he got an error that cost the club several runs.  Quite frankly his so called vaunted defense is more than offset by his failure to deliver at the plate,

longgame

A couple of things from last night.

Nunez continues giving away outs.  I think the whole game ends differently if he holds on to that ball at second and keeps Sale at the minimum number of batters.  The other day he actually prevented Betts from catching a ball that was headed toward the stands.  We need Pedey, but with no news on him, I'm starting to think we can't count on him for much of anything.

JBJ, the "exceptional" fielder blew two plays in the same inning last night.  He's just not that good and the Sox can't afford to carry that bat.  They can carry one non-productive spot in the lineup (catcher), but not two.  I'm thinking at this point they may be better with Swihart in LF and bench JBJ, or play JDM and use Swihart or Nunez to DH.  Neither move excites me, but they're going to need to look at adding an OF who can actually hit.

Cora made a lot of talk early about using the right guys in high leverage situations, even hinting that he may use Kimbrel in such situations.  Luckily for him, Kelly has emerged as a guy to use in those situations.  So what the heck was Robby Scott doing out there - in his first appearance after a long stint on the DL?

The Sox are like a good car that needs a couple of small repairs, but have a bad driver who won't pull over to get them fixed.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on June 20, 2018, 08:20:52 AM

Nunez continues giving away outs.  I think the whole game ends differently if he holds on to that ball at second and keeps Sale at the minimum number of batters.  The other day he actually prevented Betts from catching a ball that was headed toward the stands.  We need Pedey, but with no news on him, I'm starting to think we can't count on him for much of anything.

JBJ, the "exceptional" fielder blew two plays in the same inning last night.  He's just not that good and the Sox can't afford to carry that bat.  They can carry one non-productive spot in the lineup (catcher), but not two.  I'm thinking at this point they may be better with Swihart in LF and bench JBJ, or play JDM and use Swihart or Nunez to DH.  Neither move excites me, but they're going to need to look at adding an OF who can actually hit.

Cora made a lot of talk early about using the right guys in high leverage situations, even hinting that he may use Kimbrel in such situations.  Luckily for him, Kelly has emerged as a guy to use in those situations.  So what the heck was Robby Scott doing out there - in his first appearance after a long stint on the DL?

The Sox are like a good car that needs a couple of small repairs, but have a bad driver who won't pull over to get them fixed.

You see it the same way I do.  Nunez has no business playing second.  I have yet to see him make the right play when a runner approaches second on a steal attempt.  JBj has no business being anything but a late inning defensive replacement. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on June 19, 2018, 10:51:39 PM
Robbie Effin# Scott?  Really, Cora?

They send down Justin Haley who had been pitching decently and bring up this Robby Scott butt who immediately shits the bed.  What kind of turds are running this zoo anyway?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 20, 2018, 08:20:52 AM

Glad you and Elk said this instead of me or I would have been accused of piling on a guy who I have grown to dislike immensely.  But it is true---I despise Bradley to the point of utter hatred.  He has no business being in the lineup and we cannot carry his useless bat no matter what that turd Cora says.  Besides, some of us have known that his defense is not all that it's cracked up to be.  He makes stupid plays and if often out of position to make a play. As much as I like Nunez, he must be taken off of second base like yesterday  Put Holt there and keep him there Cora, you stupid son of a bi tch.  DH Nunez and put Martinez in left field before this season disappears from us. DD, earn your damn pay and get Cora to start using what passes for his addled brain.  Bradley has to go go go.  G et rid of that bum.