GAME #75, WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20, 2018, BOSTON RED SOX AT MINNESOTA TWINS

Started by longgame, June 20, 2018, 03:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Astros will be the first team to get to 50 wins.
About to beat the Rays 5 - 1.
DANG IT!

Our starting pitching has been fine -
can't win without run support.

DAMN!

markj

Johnson is putting a few more nails in this game's coffin.

markj

Our old buddy Rodney is back to finish us off. Crooked hat and all.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP!  CRAP!!  CRAP!!!
Sox LOSE to the Twins 4 - 1.

I thought the Sox would be able to easily beat the Twins
(like the Yankees do) AND I thought that Seattle would beat the
Yankees.

NOPE.

Our Sox are sinking - 2 games out of first place now.

WHAT has happened to our bats???????

SeaBeachFred

I have a theory on what is going on and while you may scoff it is  very true from where I sit.  I think the players are going through the motions now because there is no urgency to put out 110%.  Why?  Because next to Holt, shitty tonight and probably now out of the lineup for the next few games while Nunez gets to play second base into the ground, everyone else knows no matter how well or crappy they do they will still be in the lineup.  Case in study---Jackie Bradley, now socking at 180 and Christian Vazquez barely above 200.  And yet they are in the lineup over and over again.  Why put out that extra effort when you know you're going to play no matter what.  What's the answer.  Dombrowski has to shake up this team and fast.  How?  Trade Bradley immediately and see if you can peddle Vazquez too despite that contract they gave him last winter.  That might shake up the team....AND THIS  TEAM NEEDS SHAKING UP VERY BADLY. 

What I never want to hear again from any of you is that we can carry this weak hitter or that weak hitter because we have a lot of other players who can pick up the slack...BULLSHIT!!!!!!!  You carry two stiffs in the lineup and you had better pray the whole rest of the team is whaling away and we don't have the guys to do it.  This has become a shitty team the past week, led by a shitty manager and run by a shitty Chief executive.  And frankly I need to regenerate myself because my team looks like a total pile of shit right now.

ipot

Another night of "The DeadBats and JBJ."  All that money spent and all it may earn us is game #163. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

Fred is right.  Good buddy Cora has this team so laid back that there is no fire.  Virtually everyone is rolling over hitting weak grounders again.  The lineup has too many holes in it.  If I were DD  I would move Bradley  for no other reason than to put every one on notice that they had to get their collective heads out of their rear ends and play smart.

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 20, 2018, 08:58:01 PM
WHAT has happened to the bats of Mookie, Benintendi and Martinez the
last two games??????

DANG IT!
CONCUR,  Cora needs to shake up that lineup ?? …….  Actually, now that MOOKIE is back, I would go with Benni Biceps leading off followed by Bogarts, MOOKIE, J D, MITCH, DEVERS, HOLT, CATCHER, & J B J...…….  Also, now time for D D to "get in the game" with creative roster additions ?? iono iono

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 20, 2018, 09:20:11 PM
AND DAMN - the Yankees just tied their game in the bottom
of the 8th inning.
THEY are playing good baseball and we are playing crap baseball.
The YANK$ are on their way to a 120 win SEASON !! sigh sigh sigh

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 20, 2018, 10:57:08 PM
I have a theory on what is going on and while you may scoff it is  very true from where I sit.  I think the players are going through the motions now because there is no urgency to put out 110%.  Why?  Because next to Holt, shitty tonight and probably now out of the lineup for the next few games while Nunez gets to play second base into the ground, everyone else knows no matter how well or crappy they do they will still be in the lineup.  Case in study---Jackie Bradley, now socking at 180 and Christian Vazquez barely above 200.  And yet they are in the lineup over and over again.  Why put out that extra effort when you know you're going to play no matter what.  What's the answer.  Dombrowski has to shake up this team and fast.  How?  Trade Bradley immediately and see if you can peddle Vazquez too despite that contract they gave him last winter.  That might shake up the team....AND THIS  TEAM NEEDS SHAKING UP VERY BADLY. 

What I never want to hear again from any of you is that we can carry this weak hitter or that weak hitter because we have a lot of other players who can pick up the slack...BULLSHIT!!!!!!!  You carry two stiffs in the lineup and you had better pray the whole rest of the team is whaling away and we don't have the guys to do it.  This has become a shitty team the past week, led by a shitty manager and run by a shitty Chief executive.  And frankly I need to regenerate myself because my team looks like a total pile of shit right now.

A few years back the Sox had a SS, I think his name was Gonzalez.  He was a good defender but no bat, so the question was could the Sox carry him.  The issue was he had a low batting average - around .260.  I can see carrying a guy who has a big glove and can hit .260.  But there have to be 100 guys in AAA that can hit better than JBJ right now.  Devers, Leon and Nunez are below .250.  You can carry one of those guys.  But then you've got Vazquez at .210 and Swihart and JBJ well south of .200.  These guys are not just not major league capable.  When you have half of your roster unable to hit, you can only get so far on your pitching.