GAME #64, FRIDAY, JUNE 8, 2018, CHICAGO WHITE SOX AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, June 08, 2018, 10:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Bill-806

J D out with a SORE BACK...……  ummmmmm ….. iono iono iono

markj

No game for me tonight. It's showing "locally" on WGN-Chicago, which isn't included in my DirecTV package. And MLB.TV has it blacked out in this area. Catch-22.  sigh thumb_d

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on June 08, 2018, 07:16:14 PM
No game for me tonight. It's showing "locally" on WGN-Chicago, which isn't included in my DirecTV package. And MLB.TV has it blacked out in this area. Catch-22.  sigh thumb_d

http://rowfirst.eu/baseball/kas-boston-red-sox-at-chicago-white-sox-otd8b8917?l=1140438976

Schloicka

Offense seems to be taking the night off so far. Hopefully someone decides to come back to work.

Schloicka

Well that game sucked big time. Great pitching and no hitting. Hopefully it gets better Saturday.

markj

Like I've said before, Chris Sale having a great game is bad luck for the Sox offense. It just happens way too often.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 08, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Like I've said before, Chris Sale having a great game is bad luck for the Sox offense. It just happens way too often.

markj. I am going to assume that you and others here have a decent memory but if not, let me remind you of something.  Having followed the Red Sox since 2000 I have noticed that every time they have what is a throwaway game they not only lose it but play shitty for about a week afterwards.  It happened often when Francona was here in his last three piss poor managing seasons.  It happened with Farrell and it is happening here.  We didn't hit tonight.....again for Sale and played a piss poor game and this might just be the start of another drought like the one we had after our 17-2 start.  If I was the owner and we lose the division because of what went down tonight and last night and what   might happen for the next week Bora Bora Cora's sad and sorry ass woulds be on the street, canned and run out of town.  What he did last night was criminal, stupidity on a grand scale that only the very worst of managers would undertake.

The Yankees also won, not unexpected playing the patsy Mets and now because partly through Bora Bora's malfeasance we may be heading for a week of hurt.  And BTW, when is that efen Betts  going to get his ass back in the lineup?  And how long is Martinez going to be out? And when is Cora going to get his head out of his ass?  Yes, I'm pissed off because I saw this coming.

Leesam01

Sox depth is being exposed now with Betts and JD out - very steep dropoff with Devers swinging and mostly missing, Swihart at a buck fifty, JBJ below .200, and the catching tandem never really hitting much.  Can't win with zero runs.

Sox still need help with some power off the bench, and more bullpen help (even with Thornburg rehabbing).

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Leesam01 on June 08, 2018, 09:27:45 PM
Sox depth is being exposed now with Betts and JD out - very steep dropoff with Devers swinging and mostly missing, Swihart at a buck fifty, JBJ below .200, and the catching tandem never really hitting much.  Can't win with zero runs.

Sox still need help with some power off the bench, and more bullpen help (even with Thornburg rehabbing).

You're right Leesam but with a weakened farm system and lack of trading depth on the big club we have our hands tied.  We can only hope that Bradley is not once again in one of his droughts, that Swihart gets hot soon, that Travis starts hitting consistently to take the pressure of the others and that the team rally and prove that THIS time the throwaway curse will not hamper the team as it did in the past.  And as I said in another post, it would be nice if Mookie would mend quicker and get his ass back in the lineup.  We need Martinez back soon too.....like today.

ipot

Well, that stunk.  ::)  Leesam actually pinpointed something I wanted to say as well:  Devers is in a mire of an ugly slump.  Sophomore slump, I dunno?  But a lineup with Swihart, JBJ, Devers, and Leon can't be all that good (it isn't).  If it comes down to needing JD and Betts to be competitive, we have a problem.

The NYY are playing the biggest embarrassment in the MLB right now: the Mutts.  Just give them 3 free Ws. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

I can hear DAD now …….  "SON, how the heck to you get beat by the WHITE SOX ? OH, the RED SOX only got 3 hits, no ICE CREAM tonight" !!!  OH YES, the BOSTON BOYS are looking up this morning to the LEAGUE LEADING  N Y YANK$ !!!  NOT GOOD !!! thumb_d iono iono rofl rofl rofl

elktonnick

The Par Hose had the better pitcher last night. Re Devers, his defense has been improving of late.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 09, 2018, 07:33:28 AM
The Par Hose had the better pitcher last night. Re Devers, his defense has been improving of late.
Yes, but he has acquired some bad habits  at the plate...… Looks to be lifting his head a lot ??? iono iono