GAME #51, FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2018, ATLANTA BRAVES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 25, 2018, 04:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Moreland joins the hit parade with a dinger. Sox up 6-2. Kimbrel time.

ipot

E-Rod is like "Pomeranz, the 2nd" with these short outings.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Quote from: markj on May 25, 2018, 09:19:16 PM

Moreland needs to be spending more time in the lineup in lieu of Hanley or JBJ.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Quote from: ipot on May 25, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

Pretty easy for him to play instead of Hanley since Hanley is gone.

SeaBeachFred

One wonders what Moreland would have done if he had not been on the pine for almost half the games this season, but maybe now he will see more action, a lot more action and we can hope that he can hold his own against southpaws as well.  He's earned the right to play all the time now.  The bullpen was solid again and that's very good and we hit four bombs so the power seems to have returned to the team after a drought in the power department last season.  Now if we can get the starters to do deeper like E-Rod with some improved control and Pomeranz finally stepping up and giving us some good outings, we might be able to really get into it and have a good run this season.  Hanley will not be missed, I don't believe, and now finally those two questionable signings are history.

Schloicka

Decent game all around. Hitting came around finally. Relief pitching was good. E-rod with the win and no save.

ipot

Quote from: Schloicka on May 25, 2018, 09:29:28 PM
Quote from: ipot on May 25, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

Pretty easy for him to play instead of Hanley since Hanley is gone.

Whoa!!!....sheesh....I've been under a rock today.  I just saw that. 
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 25, 2018, 09:30:56 PM
One wonders what Moreland would have done if he had not been on the pine for almost half the games this season, but maybe now he will see more action, a lot more action and we can hope that he can hold his own against southpaws as well.  He's earned the right to play all the time now.  The bullpen was solid again and that's very good and we hit four bombs so the power seems to have returned to the team after a drought in the power department last season.  Now if we can get the starters to do deeper like E-Rod with some improved control and Pomeranz finally stepping up and giving us some good outings, we might be able to really get into it and have a good run this season.  Hanley will not be missed, I don't believe, and now finally those two questionable signings are history.
B I N G O  dat........  A good game to win & even a more gutsy move to DUMP  HAN/RAM$ !!!