Author Topic: Totally Off Topic - I broke my freaking leg!  (Read 484 times)

Offline SeaBeachFred

Re: Totally Off Topic - I broke my freaking leg!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2020, 05:51:09 PM »
Hopefully Ted, the very worst is over, and I'm elated that the operation went off  well.  I will keep you in my prayers (yes, I do say them every night).  It will take time but please be patient and take it one day at a time.  It is my opinion that by baseball season next April you will be just about a new man.  Now if our Red Sox could only follow suit.  I'll keep in touch with by phone as I do with Elktonnick and Sea Dog.  I love this board and almost consider it my extended family.  Now it is up to the Red Sox to make u s all happy around here.

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
Had surgery yesterday.  Nerve block was nice while it lasted but really in pain today.  But at least it's the beginning of the healing process.
Sorry about your injury and I certainly hope you have a speedy recovery.   Not to make light of your plight but that is the reason, I never chew gum when I do my morning walk.😎

Chew gum????? Hell Elk, I'm almost afraid to breath on my morning excursion figuring I might pull a muscle in my back, sprain my ankle, get a kink in my neck or all of them in succession.  It can be real risky when you hit the BIG 80!!!!!!!!

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 09:12:00 AM »
lol elk!  Yes, that's probably my problem! 

Pain seems to be more manageable today.  Was on oxy for the past 2 weeks and groggy as hell but I'm back in the saddle today.  I can see how people with pain get hooked on this stuff, it really works, but the impact on my head makes it much less "enjoyable". 

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 05:12:47 PM »
lol elk!  Yes, that's probably my problem! 

Pain seems to be more manageable today.  Was on oxy for the past 2 weeks and groggy as hell but I'm back in the saddle today.  I can see how people with pain get hooked on this stuff, it really works, but the impact on my head makes it much less "enjoyable".

You're now on the mend Ted, and though it still will be awhile before you're back in the pink just look at the worst being over.  Tie flies when you're having fun, or like us, when you're getting old, so these weeks will fly by and within a couple of months all of us here will be bitchin' and complaining about how our team's leaders screwed up getting us the players we needed, or maybe if we're lucky, how they pulled a couple of coups and got us some talent that will bode well over the next few years.  Hang in there my friend.

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 09:58:51 AM »
Thanks Fred.  My biggest challenge now, other than bouts of pain, is trying to get the kids to buy the right things at the supermarket.  My son will get half of what I send him to get, my daughter will get whatever is cheapest, even though there are some things I just know aren't worth the cheaper price!  But these are good problems to have.  Son and granddog will be here shortly and I'll be entertained through the end of the year with the three ring circus!

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
Thanks Fred.  My biggest challenge now, other than bouts of pain, is trying to get the kids to buy the right things at the supermarket.  My son will get half of what I send him to get, my daughter will get whatever is cheapest, even though there are some things I just know aren't worth the cheaper price!  But these are good problems to have.  Son and granddog will be here shortly and I'll be entertained through the end of the year with the three ring circus!

Sounds like it could actually wind up being a fun crusade.  Have at it.