Author Topic: Thoughts on the last-place Red Sox and other topics  (Read 196 times)

Online Sea Dog 23

Re: Thoughts on the last-place Red Sox and other topics
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
On the "other topics" part. I get into work around 5:40 in the morning as usual. Because of the solemn anniversary of this date, the American flag was at half mast inside the security perimeter. Because of that lower height, some of the ground lighting cast a shadow of the rippling flag neat the top of a very tall process building where I work. That was perhaps the best remembrance I've seen, even if it was unintentional.

A good note indeed.  We should never forget.

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
On the "other topics" part. I get into work around 5:40 in the morning as usual. Because of the solemn anniversary of this date, the American flag was at half mast inside the security perimeter. Because of that lower height, some of the ground lighting cast a shadow of the rippling flag neat the top of a very tall process building where I work. That was perhaps the best remembrance I've seen, even if it was unintentional.

It was good to see you posting here again yesterday Zenjak.  Hope you will stay around a lot longer this time.  Good post nu the way.

Online Sea Dog 23

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »

On SBNation is an article about rebuilding the Sox into a team that won't bear fruition until maybe 2023.  Buckle up y'all!  The focus is on rebuilding within the Sox system.  A glimpse of the next in the line of pitching prospects is Tanner Houck, who looks to get the start against the Marlins.

https://www.overthemonster.com/2020/9/13/21433731/boston-red-sox-rebuild-lineup-verdugo-devers-downs-bogaerts

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 03:06:05 PM »

On SBNation is an article about rebuilding the Sox into a team that won't bear fruition until maybe 2023.  Buckle up y'all!  The focus is on rebuilding within the Sox system.  A glimpse of the next in the line of pitching prospects is Tanner Houck, who looks to get the start against the Marlins.

https://www.overthemonster.com/2020/9/13/21433731/boston-red-sox-rebuild-lineup-verdugo-devers-downs-bogaerts

Let's hope that this Tanner Houck can make Red Sox fans raise their eyebrows in stark admiration and surprise instead of seeing the usual bunch of so-called pitching prospects keep failing time and time again.  We could certainly use two or three of these young pitchers of ours finally hit pay dirt for us.  It's been a very long time since anyone has done that.