Author Topic: Greenville - Fluor Field  (Read 401 times)

Offline zenjak

Greenville - Fluor Field
« on: February 20, 2020, 06:23:21 AM »
Has anyone else been to the Sox' low-A affiliate ball park in Greenville, SC? If you are in the area during the season, I'd highly recommend it. The inner dimensions and angles are an exact reproduction of Fenway, including a Green Monster in left with seating on top (not as much seating as Fenway, but gives you an idea of what the view from there looks like.

Finally got to see a game there next summer. There's no way of knowing what will happen to the franchise over the 20-21 winter as MLB Commissioner Manfred is driving hard to dismantle the minor leagues with contractions. After all, what better way to build baseball's fan base by destroying hometown teams and keep jacking the prices at MLB games?

Offline longgame

• Administrator
Re: Greenville - Fluor Field
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 08:22:07 AM »
I've been wanting to go for a while.  I do a lot of hiking and there are a couple of places outside of Greenville I like to go so maybe I'll have to put together a plan one of these days.

Offline markj

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »
With all the money floating around MLB, it's scandalous that they don't invest in their farm teams more. Minor league Players are making less than minimum wage and MLB is mandating facility improvements without offering financial assistance. Ridiculous. I've been less and less interested in football in recent years because of all the BS there, and now baseball is becoming less important to me. That's sad.
Worst => First => Worst => Worst => ALE Champs => ALE Champs =>First

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:38:16 PM »
With all the money floating around MLB, it's scandalous that they don't invest in their farm teams more. Minor league Players are making less than minimum wage and MLB is mandating facility improvements without offering financial assistance. Ridiculous. I've been less and less interested in football in recent years because of all the BS there, and now baseball is becoming less important to me. That's sad.

It's important for billionaire sports team owners to cry poverty.  Like Henry worried about getting under the lux tax and still profiting like mad from the team.   It's actually a shame that every school in the country, never mind minor league teams, doesn't have top notch facilities given the amount of money we shower on athletes. 

Offline zenjak

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 04:38:36 PM »

It's why I've been going to more and more minor league/indy league/ college/summer collegiate league games. MLB treats their fans like garbage unless said fans are buying the premium boxes or seating areas on a recurring season basis.

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 07:52:30 AM »
I've been to the Charlotte Knights (AAA) which is a nice experience.  My daughter and I went to see the Kannapolis Intimidators a couple of summers ago.  Single A ball.  Was a good hot day for drinking beer and we had a lot of fun.