Author Topic: Playoffs thread  (Read 302 times)

Offline longgame

• Administrator
Playoffs thread
« on: October 04, 2019, 10:41:48 AM »
We'll see if we need more than one playoff thread.

Thought the Braves, who I'd like to see win in the NL but doubt will, had a good chance and totally blew it.  Then almost came back.  Entertaining game. 

I didn't watch much of the LA-Washington game. 

Four games on today, but I was texting last night with a buddy of mine who's an Indians fan and we were lamenting on how strange that neither team was in it and that it just isn't the same.  I'd love to see the Rays make a run.

Offline elktonnick

Re: Playoffs thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 12:32:28 PM »
I am for any that isn't from New York

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
We'll see if we need more than one playoff thread.

Thought the Braves, who I'd like to see win in the NL but doubt will, had a good chance and totally blew it.  Then almost came back.  Entertaining game. 

I didn't watch much of the LA-Washington game. 

Four games on today, but I was texting last night with a buddy of mine who's an Indians fan and we were lamenting on how strange that neither team was in it and that it just isn't the same.  I'd love to see the Rays make a run.

Well if you didn't watch much of the Nationals-Dodgers game you showed a lot of smarts because you didn't miss much at all.  The game was really over by the second inning because the DC boys looked like shit warmed over.  They were totally inept at the plate and their bullpen reeked like a foul smell in the later innings.  Yes, the Dodgers looked much better in comparison but it sucks that they might get an easy road back into the World Series because your Braves did everything they could to screw things up for themselves by blowing a game that was totally winnable.  And why hasn't someone given  good kick in the ass to that Acuna loafer traipsing around the bases.  Third time that young jerk has done that.  For God's sake Ted, use your influence with the Almighty to get the Braves or the Cardinals up to snuff that they can get their acts together with one of them sending the Dodgers home inthe NLCS because this division series is over for the Nats.

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 02:56:44 PM »
I am for any that isn't from New York

Well throw in the LA team as well Elk and we are then simpatico.  I don't want the Dodgers in the World Series either.  BTW, strange as it may seem to you and others, when I was a kid living in Queens I was a diehard and fanatical Dodger fan but they got that feeling of entitlement when they came West and turned my  totally off.  Fact is, 64 years today the BROOKLYN Dodgers won their only World Series when they defeated the hated Yankees 2-0.  Damn them, they waited until my family moved to California before they finally won one.

Offline elktonnick

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »
Frankly I am rooting for the Braves since they originally from Boston.  I was a big Eddie Matthews fan as a kid.  And of course I loved Warren Spahn.

Offline Bill-806

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »
TAMPA BAY looked "hung ovaa" against VERLANDER... "IF" they win TONIGHT and come home 1-1, then all bets are off !!  "IF" they DEFEAT HOUSTON in the series, that would be a WOW !!!! iono iono iono iono

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 11:47:19 AM »
Frankly I am rooting for the Braves since they originally from Boston.  I was a big Eddie Matthews fan as a kid.  And of course I loved Warren Spahn.

I've always cheered for the Braves as the "local" team, although I don't really follow them too closely.  But while I don't think it will happen, I'd love to see the Rays and Braves make it.

The NL series are tied now.  In the AL both the Astros and Yankees are looking a lot like the Red Sox did last year, just finding ways to get key hits, etc. but it's only one game each.  The Astros and Dodgers have the deepest rotations and that will likely make a difference.

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »
Braves looked good in their comeback win yesterday.  The Nats don't appear to be much of a challenge for the Dodgers and the Twins are doing their usual job of rolling over for the Yankees.  Let's hope the Rays find a spark.

Offline SeaBeachFred

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 03:20:21 PM »
Braves looked good in their comeback win yesterday.  The Nats don't appear to be much of a challenge for the Dodgers and the Twins are doing their usual job of rolling over for the Yankees.  Let's hope the Rays find a spark.

Well you're getting your wish Ted.  The Rays are pounding  the Astros 9-3 and blasted Greinke all around the park with a bunch of homers.  Maybe this will be a series after all, but the Nats lived up to my miserable opinion of them by lying down like dogs last night after five good innings from Sanchez.  That series is over from where I sit because even if Scherzer pitches seven innings of great baseball there is that pathetic Washington bullpen available to give it all away.  The only way IMO is for the  Nationals to have a four or five run lead going into the 8th inning or is bye by baby for that choker outfit.

Offline Bill-806

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 09:20:46 AM »

Well you're getting your wish Ted.  The Rays are pounding  the Astros 9-3 and blasted Greinke all around the park with a bunch of homers.  Maybe this will be a series after all, but the Nats lived up to my miserable opinion of them by lying down like dogs last night after five good innings from Sanchez.  That series is over from where I sit because even if Scherzer pitches seven innings of great baseball there is that pathetic Washington bullpen available to give it all away.  The only way IMO is for the  Nationals to have a four or five run lead going into the 8th inning or is bye by baby for that choker outfit.
Good win last night for that 60MIL $ TEAM..... A win today and they are right back in it, love those 5 game series !!  Wonder what "OUR" RED SOX are doing today ???? iono iono iono iono
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:15:51 PM by Bill-806 »

Offline elktonnick

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »

Good win last night for that 60MIL $ TEAM..... A win today and they are right back in it, love those 5 game series !!  Wonder what are RED SOX are doing today ???? iono iono iono iono

Moving Lavangie to a new job!!!   While Manager Neuman still has his job,  I think the FO's move to replace LaVangie can only be seen as a rebuke to Manager What me Worry's approach toward pitching.

Offline Bill-806

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »

Good win last night for that 60MIL $ TEAM..... A win today and they are right back in it, love those 5 game series !!  Wonder what are RED SOX are doing today ???? iono iono iono iono

Moving Lavangie to a new job!!!   While Manager Neuman still has his job,  I think the FO's move to replace LaVangie can only be seen as a rebuke to Manager What me Worry's approach toward pitching.
Actually, with that LOUSEY staff, not even MEL PARNEL could have done much better ?? iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline longgame

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 08:30:34 AM »

At least we get a couple of Game 5s which is good.  Unlike the Manilla-Sota Folders.

Offline BoSoxFanNY

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 11:32:29 PM »
Joe Kelly just allowed a grand slam in the top of the 9th inning
in Game 5 against the Washington Nationals.

Nats 7 - Dodgers 3.

Pitching did in the Dodgers . . .

Kershaw gave up two solo home runs to tie
 the game at 3.
AND Kelly seems to have put the nail in the coffin.

CRAZY postseason in the National League.

Offline BoSoxFanNY

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 12:27:01 AM »
Nationals beat Dodgers in 10 innings
7-3.
Joe Kelly got the loss.
Dodgers were winning thru 7 innings -
then Kershaw gave up two solo home runs to tie the game.
And Kelly gave up 4 runs in the top of the 10th inning - giving
up a grand slam.

Yikes - thought the Dodgers would ho back to the World Series
this year.

Washington Nationals were the Wild Card team.

Baseball can be crazy.