GAME #72, SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Schloicka, June 15, 2019, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

At least they're finally scoring some runs. But Mookie ends the scoring opportunity with a GIDP. He's been awful at the plate today.

markj

Orioles with two on and no outs. This game is far from over.

markj

Bases loaded, one out. Need a DP here. Or a K. A base hit will tie it up at best.

markj

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sea Dog 23

Bogey sac fly scores one, Holt singles in another.  6-2.

Catcher bad throw to 2nd, we get one more scoring from third, 7-2.

SeaBeachFred

It took us awhile to get going but we are finally where we were before the Tampa Bay debacle, four games over 500 again----and we need to accelerate from here on in even more.  Sale was good today, not great but good enough to earn a win and we backed him and the relievers up with some solid play.  Needed this game with TB losing to my wife's Angels.  Good hitting from many of our guys today save for Leon (expected) and Betts (WTF???).  All in all a decent performance after a wipe out win that usually follows a bummer.  We did NOT get that today even though those LOBsters early on were pains in the rear ends for most of us.  Now can we finish the job tomorrow?  We can if the Red Sox put their minds, muscles and brains to it.  Very glad we won

Bill-806

How about our RED SOX ???    SEE YOU IN ST. LOUIS, LOUIE" !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Murph

When is Cora going to get Mookie the hell out of the leadoff spot.What a dumb move.

Sea Dog 23

Yankees are going hard after the pennant.  Sources say they picked up Encarnacion  in exchange for a 19 yo prospect.

longgame

Quote from: Murph on June 15, 2019, 03:46:33 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 15, 2019, 01:26:30 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 15, 2019, 12:40:32 PM
Barring Leon this is the best lineup they can put out there.  They know Bundy and he stinks.  I'm hopeful for another slugfest today, especially for Sale.  It's easy to have an impression of Sale based on his first 3 or 4 starts, but his numbers, other than W-L, are very good.  He's looking strong lately.  Let's hope he doesn't peak early like last year.

He shouldn't Ted.  He hardly got any work in Spring Training while Alfred E. ran his cub scout camp.  I just want the team to give Chris Sale the hitting support he needs to win that game today.

I'm probably in the minority on this but Sale has thru 5 fewer innings in 2019 .Can`t see how those 5 IP contributed to his bad start. In retrospect Price also has pitched 5 fewer innings and his stats are just about the same as in 2018 at this time.

Sale threw I think 5 innings in Spring training.  They took it easy on those guys and then paid the price when teams were ahead of them.  They had the misfortune of playing their first 8 against teams that not only had a full spring training but had started early too.  They got smashed around and that set them back further.  You want Sale getting smashed and throwing 89 mph fastballs in spring training, not in April.  It was a big blunder and they've had to play catchup since. 

longgame

Quote from: Murph on June 15, 2019, 08:20:06 PM
When is Cora going to get Mookie the hell out of the leadoff spot.What a dumb move.

Betts won the MVP batting out of the leadoff spot.  Two years before he had a great season batting out of the leadoff spot.  When he's not batted leadoff, he's sucked.  He's in a JBJ-esque slump right now and maybe a couple of days off would help to work on some stuff.