GAME #155, BOSTON RED SOX AT CINCINNATI REDS

Started by Bear, September 23, 2017, 11:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 24, 2017, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 24, 2017, 03:45:58 PM
No Nunez no problem 10 -3 since he went down.

Perhaps so but we will need Nunez very very soon---and I'd like to see it tomorrow.  I think our team would have hit better had we had him the past road trip even though the club played top notch winning baseball.  We face two lefties in a row on Monday and Tuesday and I do NOT want to see our lineup stripped down any more and we would do if we were forced to put Chris Young in the lineup.  That guy is an automatic out and Nunez most certainly is not.  Most importantly I do not want to start losing games and take this race down to the final day or two.   The sooner we continue this good run and win our games to move the line along the sooner we can get our pitching rotation and roster ready for the tough post season.  Keep this in mind.  Last year we won the AL East and then went flat losing six of our last seven regular season games and went into the ALDS flat as a board.  I don't want that this season and the way we are currently playing we don't deserve to have that happen.  Let's get to the ALDS as not only AL East champions but with a little momentum as well.

Yep, it seems like they have some good momentum going now, let's hope they keep the hot hand.  Of course beating up on TB, Bal and Cin is different than Houston in a playoff series.