3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
4. Cody Bellinger (L) RF
5. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
6. Josh Bell (S) DH
7. Willson Contreras (R) C
8. Ketel Marte (S) 2B
9. Ronald Acuna Jr. (R) CF

longgame

Although I'm an AL fan I really like the NL lineup.  Plus, I kind of hope Verlander gets bombed after whining about the baseballs this year!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 09, 2019, 02:33:57 PM
Although I'm an AL fan I really like the NL lineup.  Plus, I kind of hope Verlander gets bombed after whining about the baseballs this year!

As I said on another thread, hell, I even root for the Yankee players in these All Star games so you can pretty well know where my sympathies lie tonight.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 09, 2019, 04:32:01 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 09, 2019, 02:33:57 PM

As I said on another thread, hell, I even root for the Yankee players in these All Star games so you can pretty well know where my sympathies lie tonight.

Had to laugh that the Yankee players just got booed even in Cleveland! 

My son and I went to the All Star Game about 10 years and had a blast.  The guy I was most thrilled to see was Mariano Rivera (we just seemed to keep running into him).

SeaBeachFred

Well our side won again and now lead 45-43-2 AND Alex Cora got the measure of Dave Roberts again.......Now Alex must continue this winning duel by getting his team ready to win that series against the Dodgers this weekend at Fenway---where we haven't played all that well this season and must do better this second half.  The Dodgers are really out to get us after what happened in the Fall Classic last October and we must NOT allow them to get even with us as the Yankees have so far this season as well as the Astros.  Simply put WE NEED TO START WINNING MORE CONSISTENTLY THIS TIME AROUND.

Sea Dog 23

I didn't watch the game, but WTH with Cora not getting Mookie, our name player,  a single at bat in the game?  He said something about wanting to get new players in the game.  It seems to  parallel how he has managed the team this year.  JMO.

longgame

I thought Cora did a poor job as manager yet they won.  As Seadog said, he didn't really go to his bench much at all while the NL got everyone in early.  Of course Fox gave up on announcing defensive substitutions so Joe Buck could talk more about anything but the actual game.  It's amazing how the worst announcers seem to get the big gigs.  I was really surprised when Cora left in Hand for the entire inning, I think around 30 pitches.  Maybe he forgot he had an actual bullpen there.

Bill-806

FULL DISCLOSURE, I watched the CELTICS preseason game instead ……  CELTS have a  7' 6" guy who looks good …. TACO FALL is his name !!! iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 10, 2019, 06:22:23 AM
I didn't watch the game, but WTH with Cora not getting Mookie, our name player,  a single at bat in the game?  He said something about wanting to get new players in the game.  It seems to  parallel how he has managed the team this year.  JMO.

Not necessarily Murph.  I would have gone along with you on what you said if I hadn't gotten a call from a good friend who has access to E-Mails from Boston  beat writers.  Many of them are of the opinion that Mopkie Betts has no intention of signing a new contract with us until he hits FA and may go elsewhere and these scribes are adamant that if we wait until next year to ship that greedy bastard out of town we will lose 75% of his value and get pennies on the dollar---as I have said many times already.  It could be that fearful of losing him for nothing we may be thinking very seriously of getting rid of him before he loses too much value considering he is NOT worth any $300 million dollar contract and is having a pr etty pedestrian year for us now as it is.  If he defers signing on with us GET HIS ASS OUT OF TOWN FAST.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 10, 2019, 01:52:29 PM

Not necessarily Murph.  I would have gone along with you on what you said if I hadn't gotten a call from a good friend who has access to E-Mails from Boston  beat writers.  Many of them are of the opinion that Mopkie Betts has no intention of signing a new contract with us until he hits FA and may go elsewhere and these scribes are adamant that if we wait until next year to ship that greedy bastard out of town we will lose 75% of his value and get pennies on the dollar---as I have said many times already.  It could be that fearful of losing him for nothing we may be thinking very seriously of getting rid of him before he loses too much value considering he is NOT worth any $300 million dollar contract and is having a pr etty pedestrian year for us now as it is.  If he defers signing on with us GET HIS ASS OUT OF TOWN FAST.
WOW !!!    MLB &  NBA  are starting to look alike, VERY UGLY on both fronts !! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono iono

Murph

I think you mean SEA DOG!

longgame

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 10, 2019, 03:21:51 PM

WOW !!!    MLB &  NBA  are starting to look alike, VERY UGLY on both fronts !! thumb_d thumb_d iono iono iono iono

Given that here in Charlotte we saw our star Kemba Walker go to the Celts in free agency, I sure hope the Sox don't watch Betts walk away without getting something in return.