5. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
6. Nick Solak (R) DH
7. Ronald Guzman (L) 1B
8. Jose Trevino (R) C
9. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) 3B

Gametime Temp: 92°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

SeaBeachFred

The Rangers will try to salvage a game in this three tilt set with their ace, Mike Minor on the hill tomorrow while we counter with the miserably in effective Brian Johnson who has trouble missing bats as he usually gets pummeled.  Well taking two of three doesn't sound so bad for me, and at least we will finish with a winning record for whatever good that does for our spirit. Tonight we gave it to the Rangers in a runaway and I hope the team didn't jolt themselves into exhaustion as they have done all season after a couple or three solid games.  We have 83 wins now; how about we go to 85 and call it a season?

Just for the record, I am satisfied with the fact we won this three game series against the Texans two to one.  But notice how Cora once again showed insanity by trying to achiee a different result by doing the same thing---namely Schwaryn and Webber, perhaps the worst of the worst of our stumblebum relief corps.  Of course Alex did spare us the nightmare of starting Brian Johnson, the guy with lousy control, a pathetic fastball and a gutless lack of f  toughness that always spells doom for us.  What I would like to see in our final series this weekend is not to see those guys and only those relieers who have a decent shot of developing into capable fireman.  I like this Josh Taylor kid, and, despite what some of you might say, I think Cashner could emerge as a decent middle and later inning man for us next year.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 25, 2019, 11:09:37 PM
The Rangers will try to salvage a game in this three tilt set with their ace, Mike Minor on the hill tomorrow while we counter with the miserably in effective Brian Johnson who has trouble missing bats as he usually gets pummeled.  Well taking two of three doesn't sound so bad for me, and at least we will finish with a winning record for whatever good that does for our spirit. Tonight we gave it to the Rangers in a runaway and I hope the team didn't jolt themselves into exhaustion as they have done all season after a couple or three solid games.  We have 83 wins now; how about we go to 85 and call it a season?
FRED, it is almost ovaa ….. That said, SALE, PRICE and their bad arms, with average pitchers that follow coupled with the JUICED BALL, then add in run away CONTRACT$ is taking our beloved game of BASEBALL down a very bumpy & dangerous road ……..  The N B A & N F L are ahead of us in the same way...….  SPORTS are getting very UGLY, they just don't KNOW IT YET !!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 26, 2019, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 25, 2019, 11:09:37 PM
FRED, it is almost ovaa ….. That said, SALE, PRICE and their bad arms, with average pitchers that follow coupled with the JUICED BALL, then add in run away CONTRACT$ is taking our beloved game of BASEBALL down a very bumpy & dangerous road ……..  The N B A & N F L are ahead of us in the same way...….  SPORTS are getting very UGLY, they just don't KNOW IT YET !!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono iono

It would be nice if my favorite teams in the other sports got their mojo working and helped me celebrate a championship but the way I see if the odds might be against me even though I think one of them might just do it.  Football---the Chargers?  Afraid not.  They will get better this season but they are still a couple of players short of being the kings  Hockey---the Ducks?  No can do bobaloo.  They will be better this season after a shoddy performance this one, but they are two or three years away from being in the high life of hockey clubs.  Basketball---the Lakers?  Well here we have a possibility of having a chance to be champions again in this sport. We have two of the best players in the game and a young stud who could give us three top notch stars and coupled with an improving bench might just get us into the NBA Finals-----I'm hoping for that.

Bill-806

As the season nears its end, NOTHING TO SEE HERE,  MOVEON.ORG  !!!!!

longgame

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 27, 2019, 11:01:08 AM
Hey Fred - try the Hornets, the Canes and the Panthers!

I hear you Ted but let's hope that bad karma doesn't jump up and go to Boston and inflicts our baseball team.  That would be the worst thing that could happen from where I sit.  The Red Sox are MY team; the rest of No. 2.

longgame

Me too.  I don’t live and die with those other teams like I do with the Sox.