(I thought this team is supposed to play better
at home.)
DAMN, when you have Sale and Pomeranz on the mound
you think you are going to win games.
Pomeranz crashed last night
and Sale is crashing tonight.

DAMN

Schloicka

When the Sox needed their 2 top pitchers the most they go out and give up 5 runs each.

BoSoxFanNY

There goes Sale's chance at a Cy Young too.
His ERA is climbing.

(NOT that I care or he may not care -
   UGHHHHHHHH, we are supposed to win the games that Sale pitches.)

longgame

Playoff preview for the Sox.  They won't be able to hit the good pitching their going to face and all the other teams are content to strikeout a lot if they can hit HRs every other inning.

At least if they can hang on and take the division, it will be a nice quick 3 gamer.

BoSoxFanNY

I REALLY wanted the Sox to clinch the AL East BEFORE
they played the Astros.

NOW, I am hoping that they win the AL EAST.

UGHHHHHH

Injuries, and the starting pitching is not pitching
to their best.

Meanwhile the Yankees are plugging away . . .

markj

Schloicka

Sox need to seriously look for a power bat in the off season. Problem is where do you put him? If you can't hit hr's it's tough to win.

BoSoxFanNY

Jays 9 - Sox 1

BAD game, all around.

DAMN - NEVER would have thought that the Sox would
play this poorly at home after sweeping two series on the road.

markj

It'd be a game now if the BP hadn't crapped out.

ipot

The game was over when Sale took the mound.  Sale has been a Jekyll and Hyde act since for 2 months.

The Red Sox have the same odds of winning the World Series this year as the Phillies do = 0.  The only difference is that the Phillies don't get to play past Game 162.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

No glory in MUDVILLE last night, our beloved RED SOX lost again !!! thumb_d iono slap rofl

Rob from Mass

Wonder if JF is thinking maybe having Sale pitch in the 8th inning of a 6-0 game was worth going for a ridiculous 300 K which he would have gotten anyway on next start.Probably meant nothing but still, IMHO it made zero sense.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on September 27, 2017, 02:06:30 AM
The game was over when Sale took the mound.  Sale has been a Jekyll and Hyde act since for 2 months.

The Red Sox have the same odds of winning the World Series this year as the Phillies do = 0.  The only difference is that the Phillies don't get to play past Game 162.

100 % correct and probably only 10% chance to even get to the WS.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 27, 2017, 08:00:33 AM
Quote from: ipot on September 27, 2017, 02:06:30 AM

100 % correct and probably only 10% chance to even get to the WS.

I'd say they have zero chance to get to the WS, probably zero to get past Houston.  They can't hit and when their two aces crap out it's over.