GAME #147, BOSTON RED SOX AT TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by Bear, September 15, 2017, 02:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Pedroia was 0-9 and left 11 men on base. Talk about a crappy night for him.

Schloicka

Deserved or not they can't take that win away. Good job I guess.

markj

The score doesn't reflect the pathetic offense the Sox produced this game.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 15, 2017, 05:32:38 PM
Sox will be in the playoffs either as the division winner or as a wild card team. They are 6 games up for the 1st wild card spot and 9 games up for the 2nd. It will be what it will be.

Wild Card is not acceptable.  WE NEED TO WIN SOMETHING THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!  Besides, unless there is a complete reversal of the way the team plays vs some of the other teams in the league we are not going to go very far in the playoffs so an AL East Title gives us something  that we accomplished this season.  Anyway, that's my take on it.

Bear

Seven runs in the 15th!
What were they waiting for?
Not important, they won.
We're still three ahead of NY.

ipot

It's been a while to have to sweat this much to hold onto a 3 game lead....ugh ::)

Thank you Rays, for spotting us 6 unearned runs.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 15, 2017, 06:29:34 AM
Lets go get them ..... "VICTORY goes to those who want it the most, want it the longest"..... thumb_u
GEEEEZZZZZ,  I didn't mean 15 INNINGS  !!!  Heck, I fell asleep in the 7th, just saw the results as I tuned in !!  WOW !! thumb_u rofl

elktonnick

Happy the Sox won.  BUT,  It seems the Sox only score when the other team makes repeated errors or other defensive lapses.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on September 16, 2017, 08:44:30 AM
Happy the Sox won.  BUT,  It seems the Sox only score when the other team makes repeated errors or other defensive lapses.
  As DAD would say, "SON, put pressure on the defense & pitcher, and good things will happen" !!! thumb_u rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 16, 2017, 08:44:30 AM

Well we seem to take advantage of those opponents mistakes and that is one good thing to say about this team of ours, but it would be swell if the team could start hitting earlier and put some balls in the seats.  Hear me Mookie, Jackie, Benny, Mitch and the rest of you?

longgame

Rob from Mass

Looks to me that Sale is burnt out after 195 IP.Last 7 starts a 4.2 ERA.Good start fair start terrible start seems like what he is for the next 2 weeks.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 16, 2017, 12:07:37 PM
Looks to me that Sale is burnt out after 195 IP.Last 7 starts a 4.2 ERA.Good start fair start terrible start seems like what he is for the next 2 weeks.
AGREE, also, looks like teams are going/aggressive in the first inning knowing that Sale is always around the plate and it's better to get the bat on the ball than get boxed in on the count....

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 16, 2017, 12:38:10 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on September 16, 2017, 12:07:37 PM
AGREE, also, looks like teams are going/aggressive in the first inning knowing that Sale is always around the plate and it's better to get the bat on the ball than get boxed in on the count....
As  DAD would say, "SON, you know your baseball, I taught you well" !! thumb_u rofl