4. Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
5. Luke Voit (R) 1B
6. Neil Walker (S) 3B
7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
8. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
9. Brett Gardner (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 71°F - Chance of Precip: 1%

longgame

Figured best to open the thread early to discuss lineup.  I'm very surprised that he didn't find a way to get Holt in there, but I would imagine he'll be in at some point.  Holt is 0-1 this year vs. Sabathia with a walk.  Kinsler is 2-6 and Nunez 3-7 and I'm sure the thought is to load up righties.  Most interesting is that Vazquez, who has not caught Porcello all year, will be starting over Leon and I'm quite pleased with that.  Leon has 2 hits in his last 45 at bats or some ridiculous stat like that.  Vazquez had 2 hits last night. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on October 09, 2018, 03:06:24 PM
Figured best to open the thread early to discuss lineup.  I'm very surprised that he didn't find a way to get Holt in there, but I would imagine he'll be in at some point.  Holt is 0-1 this year vs. Sabathia with a walk.  Kinsler is 2-6 and Nunez 3-7 and I'm sure the thought is to load up righties.  Most interesting is that Vazquez, who has not caught Porcello all year, will be starting over Leon and I'm quite pleased with that.  Leon has 2 hits in his last 45 at bats or some ridiculous stat like that.  Vazquez had 2 hits last night.
WOW.... NO HOLT or DEVERS ??  I know that  C C is lefthanded, BUT, ya can't shift the entire offense to the 1st 4 in the batting order...…. Mater a fact,  Mookie & Benny should come out BUNTING to make  C C  MOVE on his bad KNEES..... That said,  NUNEZ & Kinsler need to participate in the OFFENSE or it will be a game 5 back at the FENS ?? iono iono iono

longgame

Left them loaded in the first. Let’s hope that’s a sign they’ll get a lot of men on, not that they’ll strand them!

Schloicka

Needed to be in Fenway on that Kinsler hit. Might of been off the wall.

longgame

longgame

16 pitches for Porcello through 2.  Good sign.  Sox should score this inning.

Schloicka

Kinsler is on CC. Nice hit for Nunez. 3-0 Sox. Let's go Porcello.

markj

Wow, 27 pitches through 3 innings. Very nice indeed. Need more runs. Put this one away early.

markj

CC chased from the game. Hopefully the Sox can get to Britton.

markj

longgame

longgame

markj

Good inning. Sox doing what they need to do. Time to score more runs.