5. Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
6. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
7. Brett Gardner (L) CF
8. Luke Voit (R) 1B
9. Mike Tauchman (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 67°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

Bill-806

I know , I know, with a left hander going for the YANK$ , Sam Travis is the DH, J D is in RIGHT, MOOKIE in CENTER & JBJ starts the game on the PINE ???  With my POOR MATH, looks like we have just weakened TWO POSITIONS ??????? iono iono iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 07, 2019, 12:38:52 PM
I know , I know, with a left hander going for the YANK$ , Sam Travis is the DH, J D is in RIGHT, MOOKIE in CENTER & JBJ starts the game on the PINE ???  With my POOR MATH, looks like we have just weakened TWO POSITIONS ??????? iono iono iono iono iono iono sigh sigh sigh sigh thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d
Not sure MOOKIE would have caught that ball, but J D certainly could not pick it up ???? iono iono iono

elktonnick

Earth to Manager Neuman "JD Martinez had no business playing right field at Fenway Park especially during a day game."
Granted the sun made both plays difficult but on the second play the outfielder has to take charge and call off the  2nd baseman.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on September 07, 2019, 04:13:31 PM
Earth to Manager Neuman "JD Martinez had no business playing right field at Fenway Park especially during a day game."
Granted the sun made both plays difficult but on the second play the outfielder has to take charge and call off the  2nd baseman.
B I N G O on both counts ……  ALSO,  its FALL in FENWAY, the combo of the SEPTEMBER sun & 4:00 game makes RIGHT FIELD not the place to be for the D H ???? iono iono iono  LEFT FIELD for  J D may be  OK, but to much ground to cover in RIGHT ….. iono iono

Bill-806

While we are on it, now the 8th inning and bases loaded..... That said, MOOKIE's miss in C F on a streaking liner over his head would have been in  J B J's BACK POCKET, not to mention that MOOKIE almost/could have gotten killed crashing into the wall ,,,,,,,  SO, all this discombobulation to get COL. TRAVIS's cold bat into the lineup ???? iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Today I got my first absolute confirmation that this tam has QUIT!!!!!!!!  Brock Holt in the eighth inning for the third time this season that I'm aware of never got the bat off his shoulder and took three straight pitches for a strikeout.  You can't get a hit Brock if you don't swing the F@#$%&?G bat.  In the ninth Devers was swinging from his ass again and then sort of pushed the bat on a ball outside the zone and meekly grounded out followed by Benny poking at a pitch and popping out for the finale.  This team doesn't give a shit save for a few.  I did see JD hit the top of the dugout roof AFTER he had hit a homer giving me the impression that at least he was pissed at the state of affairs of his team.  AND WE BET TER NOT LET HIM GET AWAY because Devers, Bogaerts and Betts are not the type to lead an offense and would have pressure they can't handle if they are called upon to take that role next season.  Today was a shitty performance if I ever saw one.

elktonnick

Fred, I think you are wrong about Devers.  I see no quit in that kid.  He is still just a youngster but mark my words he is going to be a gold glover next year and give Mr Trout a serious run for the MVP award. 

Because the Sox continue not to play JBJ against left handers, I am beginning to believe that DD is likely to move him during the off season.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 07, 2019, 07:01:42 PM
Fred, I think you are wrong about Devers.  I see no quit in that kid.  He is still just a youngster but mark my words he is going to be a gold glover next year and give Mr Trout a serious run for the MVP award. 

Because the Sox continue not to play JBJ against left handers, I am beginning to believe that DD is likely to move him during the off season.

First Devers.....He is NOT a quitter and I wasn't thinking of him when I wrote that missive Elk.  However, he needs to control his swing.  Sometimes he swings out of his ass and pulls his head out when he does that.  No, I have full confidence he will be a standout for us, but h e will not become our key guy in the lineup for another three or four years, if that.  He is to me a second type of gun and not a JD.   As for Bradley I will believe it when I see it.  For six long seasons the team has waited for him to hit and he is worse now than ever, hitting, what 220?   That is even worse than last year.  However, if DD thinks he is going get a ransom for him we will be s tuck with him again next season   He needs to be traded out of Boston because he is a FOURTH outfielder, not a stater and certainly not a hitter.  He plays a great CF most of the time but we cannot carry a 220 hitter in the lineup when w e have others who always seem to have bad year when we can least afford them to have one.....like this season.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on September 07, 2019, 04:13:31 PM

So you wanted JBJ who hits lefties at .130 or something in the game?

elktonnick

JD Martinez should play left not right if he absolutely has to play the outfield and yes I'd rather JBJ than Martinez who misplays balls into runs more often than not.  The Sox had other options than playing Martinez in the outfield when JBJ sits.