5. Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
6. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
7. Brett Gardner (L) CF
8. Luke Voit (R) 1B
9. Mike Tauchman (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 67°F
Chance of Precip: 7%

Murph

With the season long gone this series is the only one that matters to me. I can`t imagine a sweep {by the Sox} so nothing less than 2 is what is needed.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on September 06, 2019, 09:28:11 AM
With the season long gone this series is the only one that matters to me. I can`t imagine a sweep {by the Sox} so nothing less than 2 is what is needed.

Don't hold our breath for that my friend.  I'm convinced now beyond a shadow of a doubt that the players cannot give 100% when they play a game.  Oh sure, they think they're giving that much but I've sen too many players thrown out taking an extra base, too many called strike threes run up against us, too many walks given up by our shitty pitchers, and what that means is that the Red Sox 21019 edition are nothing but a pack of sad and sorry frauds.  No I don't like saying this because it eats me alive to have to write it but lets fsce it, THIS TEAM IS DISGRACEFUL and there will be no seven or eight game winning streak this season.  The team is totally incapable of doing it.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 06, 2019, 10:05:07 AM

Don't hold our breath for that my friend.  I'm convinced now beyond a shadow of a doubt that the players cannot give 100% when they play a game.  Oh sure, they think they're giving that much but I've sen too many players thrown out taking an extra base, too many called strike threes run up against us, too many walks given up by our shitty pitchers, and what that means is that the Red Sox 21019 edition are nothing but a pack of sad and sorry frauds.  No I don't like saying this because it eats me alive to have to write it but lets fsce it, THIS TEAM IS DISGRACEFUL and there will be no seven or eight game winning streak this season.  The team is totally incapable of doing it.
PERHAPS ECK will let us in on what's wrong  with the "GREAT DAVID PRICE" ????? iono iono iono iono iono iono

Schloicka

SeaBeachFred

As Gomer Pyle would have said---SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!!!!!  What's shocking is that the game seemed to easy for the Red Sox and kudos to Cora for going the relief route tonight because it worked for us as it has for other teams that have used it-----and we beat their best pitcher.  Now if we could only win one more this series we could at least claim a moral victory of sorts. I hope we do it this way again and if so Porcello pitches two to three innings only and in relief so as not to have a four or five run nuclear inning.  He should never start another game for us; keep him in the pen.  Alex said he was going to do this because he wanted outs.  Well he did it this way and he got them.  Continue this trend because it may just work.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 06, 2019, 10:27:51 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 06, 2019, 10:05:07 AM

PERHAPS ECK will let us in on what's wrong  with the "GREAT DAVID PRICE" ????? iono iono iono iono iono iono

We may have a hard time finding David Price the rest of the year.  With the expanded roster, the Sox have 21 pitchers on the staff.  sigh

Bill-806

WIN, WIN, WIN !!!!!  Sam Travis with the NIGHT OFF ……  Who is/was that MORELAND guy ???? thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl