5. Miguel Sano (R) 3B
6. Jake Cave (L) CF
7. C.J. Cron (R) 1B
8. Jason Castro (L) C
9. LaMonte Wade Jr (L) LF

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Bill-806

WELL, it is SEPTEMBER..... The road to the PLAYOFFS would have been easier with  PRODUCTIVE months of APRIL & MAY …. That said, give it your best boys, "make us proud, again" !!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Bill-806

SeaBeachFred

Start playing out the string Red Sox and try to win a few more than you lose.  It is the best we can hope for since any WC berth is pie in the sky.  We get the Twins and Yankees for three apiece and that will be a challenge, especially the way we've played against good teams this season.  Normally I would be happy with a 3-3 Mexican Standoff, but, no, since you guys have played so inconsisten and uninspired all season, this time you need to bow your necks and summon up all the courage, fire and guts that you possess and win both series.  That should not be too much to ask because you're capable of it; you just haven't done much of that this season and are due.

I see the team completely ignored me and went about their business of disgracing the very uniform they're wearing.  Coming back, coming back, coming back AND-----just missed out.  Same old freakin' story when they play a good team, and why hasn't the pitching coach told Porcello by now that the four seam fastball thrown high is a poster boy for another rotten performance---six runs and eight hits in less than five innings.  This is one guy who had better not be allowed to play in Boston next year.   That money can be used for much better things.  Porcello, among others, needs to go, like maybe on a one way ticket to Zanzibar.

Murph

Porcello is the right-hand version of Johnson . They are both useless.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on September 04, 2019, 07:44:27 AM
Porcello is the right-hand version of Johnson . They are both useless.

Well Murph, how about calling the Red Sox irrelevant?  That's what writer and blogger and host Tony Massoratti wrote this morning.  That's right irrelevant and I can't think of a better term to describe what they've become this season with their half ass, half speed shoddy play.  Alex Cora was quoted as saying that he tried all summer to convince the media that the team was capable of going on a lo n g run but finally admitted that he has failed in that quest.  No shit Sherman!!!!!!!  Still, while Cora takes a load of the blame because of his miserable Spring Training program last March, the fact remains  that the team from Betts on down has gone at half speed all season totally unable to generate any kind of a real hot streak this season----three or  four wins and then another dismal performance like last night where Porcello once more became nothing more than a punching bag.  Betts has become a lookie lou, taking opening hittable fastballs down the middle practically every time up and it does downward from there.  Mazz also made it clear  that this season real damage has been done to the team and not to the hapless victims  we feasted on last season.  I don't know but sometimes I get the feeling that our 2019 edition of the Red Sox have either forgotten what it takes to win or just doesn't give a shit.