3. Alex Bregman (R) 3B
4. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
5. Tyler White (R) DH
6. Marwin Gonzalez (S) LF
7. Carlos Correa (R) SS
8. Martin Maldonado (R) C
9. Josh Reddick (L) RF

longgame

Clearly Moreland is hurt or would be batting against the righty, but I'm surprised Holt is out in favor of Kinsler, although I do think middle infield defense suffered with Holt in at 2B.  Glad to see Leon is out.  Hopefully his last game will be when he catches for Sale and the Sox win the series in 5.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 14, 2018, 04:09:51 PM
Clearly Moreland is hurt or would be batting against the righty, but I'm surprised Holt is out in favor of Kinsler, although I do think middle infield defense suffered with Holt in at 2B.  Glad to see Leon is out.  Hopefully his last game will be when he catches for Sale and the Sox win the series in 5.

Now don't get too carried away with this Sox in five Ted.  I know you want the glass to be half full but I can see a leak from three thousand miles away.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 14, 2018, 06:04:29 PM

Now don't get too carried away with this Sox in five Ted.  I know you want the glass to be half full but I can see a leak from three thousand miles away.

Well a 1-0 lead after Mookie and Beni hits is a good sign!

Bill-806

As 3rd base goes, so goes our RED SOX...… Errors by NUNEZ & DEVERS will dictate where the SOX end up...… & please, don't put BAD KNEES out there as they will be exposed for what they are !! thumb_d iono iono iono

longgame

longgame

Schloicka

Xman sure took his time on the ground ball. Needed to get it and throw. Poor execution.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Sox score 2 runs in the bottom of the 1st inning.
TELL ME WHY with bases loaded - only 1 run scored on the Devers single.
WHY didn't Xander try to score from second base?
Score could have been 3 - 0.

Well, Price gives it back.

Sox 2 - Astros 2
Going to the bottom of the second inning.

elktonnick

Quote from: Schloicka on October 14, 2018, 06:50:13 PM
Xman sure took his time on the ground ball. Needed to get it and throw. Poor execution.

I have been complaining about  Xander's glove tap  before throwing for years.  That should have been drilled out of him years ago.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on October 14, 2018, 06:53:35 PM
Way to hold that lead, Price. ::) :o

Price threw only 1 bad pitch that inning. Xman being lazy let 1 guy on and Springers hit was a jam shot bloop. Can't do anything about that.

longgame

Warning track power again, the lack of energy of the Sox hitters is telling.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on October 14, 2018, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: markj on October 14, 2018, 06:53:35 PM
Way to hold that lead, Price. ::) :o

Price threw only 1 bad pitch that inning. Xman being lazy let 1 guy on and Springers hit was a jam shot bloop. Can't do anything about that.

Price had to be disappointed with both the team leaving them loaded and his defense behind him failing.  Sox look flat.

elktonnick

Xander should have been charged with an error (they never would on that type of mental error).  Those runs were unearned by Price IMO