WORLD SERIES GAME #1 TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2018, LA DODGERS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 23, 2018, 08:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

FOX announcers said Kimbrel was tipping his pitches this postseason.  Hopefully it's now solved.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

markj

BoSoxFanNY

YAHOOOOO!
Sox win Game 1 of the World Series!!!

And I am doing something impulsive - bought tickets
to Game 2 and plan to take my daughter with me
AND stay at her college apartment outside of Boston.

Let’s GO SOX!

Schloicka

Barnes with the win. Some very timely hitting tonight. Just never know who is going to step up.

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on October 23, 2018, 11:31:06 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 23, 2018, 11:13:51 PM
SeaBeachFred saw a great game!

Yup, he definitely was rewarded.
Hey FRED,  would you say that Alex CORA has a bit of "MORGAN MAGIC" (Nunez) in him ???  Great game !!! thumb_u thumb_u iono rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on October 23, 2018, 11:13:13 PM
YAHOOOOO!
Sox win Game 1 of the World Series!!!

And I am doing something impulsive - bought tickets
to Game 2 and plan to take my daughter with me
AND stay at her college apartment outside of Boston.

Let’s GO SOX!

That's great, enjoy!  Hopefully another win on tap for tonight.

longgame

Always important to win Game 1 of a series, but even more so when you knock out their ace.  Sale, who has thrown 31 innings since the end of July, did enough.  I don't think anyone expected a lot more other than maybe going another inning or two.  Kershaw on the other hand went 4 and gave up 5 and took the loss.  Also, love that every move the Dodgers made didn't work and that once again Cora had all the right moves - from challenges to substitutions.  Also, the Sox once again are able to find a different hero for the game.  One of these days Betts is going to break out and it will be really something.

3 more to go.

elktonnick

I nearly choked listening to MLB radio this morning.  Steve Phillips, Eduardo Perez, and CJ Nitkowski , tried to make the case that Dave Robert's lost the game with his managerial decisions especially removing Baez.  That and the misplayed foul ball in the 1st inning were the reasons for the Dodgers defeat.  Basically Perez especially believes the Dodgers are the better team.  Well guys we'll see how tonight's ball game turns out.