ALDS GAME #1, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2018, NY YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, October 05, 2018, 02:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Between the ump and this hapless bullpen we have no chance.  I’ve never seen a more tenuous 3 run lead in a game.  I just have no faith any of these guys can get outs other than by luck.

markj

Meatball Matt can't keep the damn ball out of the dirt. What is with him?

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on October 05, 2018, 09:22:50 PM
Watch Barnes give up a grand slam.  Why did Cora bring back Workman who couldn't find home plate.

I don’t get what he’s thinking and why he wasn’t ready with one of the starters as soon as the 6th inning started.

markj

longgame

Oh and watch now for the classic “get two outs and then give up the big hit”.

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on October 05, 2018, 09:50:19 PM
What is he doing????? Leave Porcello in there you dope!!!

I can’t believe this.  Everyone in the stadium is thinking the same.  Porcello looked sharp and we know Kimbrel doesn’t do well with men on base or basically anything other than coming in for a clean ninth inning.

I can’t complain about Cora too much with 108 wins, but I think he handles the position players masterfully, yet doesn’t seem to have the right instincts with his relievers. 

markj

Kimbrel is going to walk pop this guy up and then give up a 3-run dinger.

markj

Quote from: markj on October 05, 2018, 09:53:53 PM
Kimbrel is going to walk pop this guy up and then give up a 3-run dinger.

I get tired of being right all the time. ;) :o

markj

longgame

They don’t make it easy do they?  This has been a tough game to watch since Sale came out.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee