GAME #41, SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2019, MARINERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 12, 2019, 08:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

I still insist our team is not out of the woods yet but the scene is getting more encouraging by the day.  At the season's outset we got beaten three of four up in Seattle and three of four in Oakland.  Those two bummer series were redeemed when those two clubs came to Fenway Park and we ran the tables on both of them, and frankly speaking, I expect the same to be done to the D'Backs when they come to our abode.  In the meantime we are only three games out and need to keep turning out the wins-----no fallback because we cannot afford to.  We got ourselves in the mess with some unprepared and shoddy play and now that we are turning the tables on our opponents we have to keep things going.....like this two game series with Colorado.  A split is failure, two wins is a success and that it what we must keep in mind until we are right up with the Rays and Yankees and see it as a three team race for the AL East Title this season.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 14, 2019, 12:15:20 PM
I still insist our team is not out of the woods yet but the scene is getting more encouraging by the day.  At the season's outset we got beaten three of four up in Seattle and three of four in Oakland.  Those two bummer series were redeemed when those two clubs came to Fenway Park and we ran the tables on both of them, and frankly speaking, I expect the same to be done to the D'Backs when they come to our abode.  In the meantime we are only three games out and need to keep turning out the wins-----no fallback because we cannot afford to.  We got ourselves in the mess with some unprepared and shoddy play and now that we are turning the tables on our opponents we have to keep things going.....like this two game series with Colorado.  A split is failure, two wins is a success and that it what we must keep in mind until we are right up with the Rays and Yankees and see it as a three team race for the AL East Title this season.

I agree, need to keep rolling.  Plus the Astros come to town this weekend.