GAME #73, SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Schloicka, June 16, 2019, 08:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on June 17, 2019, 01:02:18 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 17, 2019, 12:28:55 PM
Easy now guys!!!.  The good news is that we did sweep the Orioles and have won five in a row for the first time this season.  What takes a little shine off the gloss is that we almost lost the game yesterday and had to go overtime to win it, plus we played one of the worst teams in the game at the present time..  Still I'll take it, but we shouldn't go overboard with delight because we still haven't proved we can take on the top teams and beat them as we did so convincingly last season.  Let's all just take a good gander on this upcoming series with the Minnesota Twins, a team playing well and on the rise as one of the AL's premier teams.  We play them in their ballpark and have a challenge on our hands.  Win this series and we may have turned that corner we're been trying to go around all season.  That might tell us a lot.

I can't argue with the fact that they need to show up for these games against better teams.  I just think we all need to remember it's a long season.

It is a long season but people instant gratification. I remember last season in late August or early September the Sox lost 2 games in a row. One by double digits. All I saw on here was the team had no leadership. It was collapsing. Counting those 2 losses the Sox went 8-2 in a 10 game span. People complained about every decision made as if someone associated with the Sox was reading the board and gave a crap about what was being said. They weren't and they don't! Anyone who expected the Sox to repeat last year must live in a fantasy world. Everything went right last year. Come from behind wins. Lucky breaks. People say they only swept the O's. Were you saying that last year? When the Sox can put 5 starters out there on a continuous basis then we can see what they have. Right now they are staying in the race despite some pitching problems and some guys not hitting like last year. If those things straighten out I think things will improve quite a bit.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on June 17, 2019, 02:12:46 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 17, 2019, 01:02:18 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 17, 2019, 12:28:55 PM
Easy now guys!!!.  The good news is that we did sweep the Orioles and have won five in a row for the first time this season.  What takes a little shine off the gloss is that we almost lost the game yesterday and had to go overtime to win it, plus we played one of the worst teams in the game at the present time..  Still I'll take it, but we shouldn't go overboard with delight because we still haven't proved we can take on the top teams and beat them as we did so convincingly last season.  Let's all just take a good gander on this upcoming series with the Minnesota Twins, a team playing well and on the rise as one of the AL's premier teams.  We play them in their ballpark and have a challenge on our hands.  Win this series and we may have turned that corner we're been trying to go around all season.  That might tell us a lot.

I can't argue with the fact that they need to show up for these games against better teams.  I just think we all need to remember it's a long season.

It is a long season but people instant gratification. I remember last season in late August or early September the Sox lost 2 games in a row. One by double digits. All I saw on here was the team had no leadership. It was collapsing. Counting those 2 losses the Sox went 8-2 in a 10 game span. People complained about every decision made as if someone associated with the Sox was reading the board and gave a crap about what was being said. They weren't and they don't! Anyone who expected the Sox to repeat last year must live in a fantasy world. Everything went right last year. Come from behind wins. Lucky breaks. People say they only swept the O's. Were you saying that last year? When the Sox can put 5 starters out there on a continuous basis then we can see what they have. Right now they are staying in the race despite some pitching problems and some guys not hitting like last year. If those things straighten out I think things will improve quite a bit.

We all want that George and if what you said comes to pass I think we would all tend to agree with you said.  We still have three and a half months to go and anything can still happen, but what worries a lot of us is that two and a half months have elapsed and we are still not firing on all cylinders.  Besides, the Yankees have had a lot more injuries than we have and look where they are. I think this Minnesota series would be a good place to start playing more mistake free baseball---starting tonight.