5. Anthony Santander (S) RF
6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B
7. Keon Broxton (R) CF
8. Stevie Wilkerson (S) LF
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

A Cy Young winner against a shoe salesman, who ya got?  O's guy gave 15 dingers in his last 70 innings.

Bill-806

& the JUG/A/NOT continues  !!!!   ONE game at a TIME !!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Barring Leon this is the best lineup they can put out there.  They know Bundy and he stinks.  I'm hopeful for another slugfest today, especially for Sale.  It's easy to have an impression of Sale based on his first 3 or 4 starts, but his numbers, other than W-L, are very good.  He's looking strong lately.  Let's hope he doesn't peak early like last year.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 15, 2019, 08:18:49 AM
A Cy Young winner against a shoe salesman, who ya got?  O's guy gave 15 dingers in his last 70 innings.

Sea Dog-----we had all better be careful.  We should all know that very often, too often, we follow a wipe out win with a very flat performance, and, remember, Chris Sale has been given very scant support in games past, most recently on Monday when the Meatball blew the game in the ninth inning.  Still, if we have finally chased that jinx or whatever it is out of our system we should be able to prevail today.  It is high time the team follows a great performance with two or three others in succession.  Still I worry a little.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 15, 2019, 12:40:32 PM
Barring Leon this is the best lineup they can put out there.  They know Bundy and he stinks.  I'm hopeful for another slugfest today, especially for Sale.  It's easy to have an impression of Sale based on his first 3 or 4 starts, but his numbers, other than W-L, are very good.  He's looking strong lately.  Let's hope he doesn't peak early like last year.

He shouldn't Ted.  He hardly got any work in Spring Training while Alfred E. ran his cub scout camp.  I just want the team to give Chris Sale the hitting support he needs to win that game today.

markj

Leon swinging at everything. Even pitches a foot off the plate.

markj

Finally lays off one and draws a walk. Should have happened 3 pitches ago.

markj

markj

WTF? Right over the center of the plate and he looks at it, then K's on a ball in the dirt. What has happened to the guy who loved to hit HRs in Camden?

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 15, 2019, 01:26:30 PM
Quote from: longgame on June 15, 2019, 12:40:32 PM

He shouldn't Ted.  He hardly got any work in Spring Training while Alfred E. ran his cub scout camp.  I just want the team to give Chris Sale the hitting support he needs to win that game today.

I'm probably in the minority on this but Sale has thru 5 fewer innings in 2019 .Can`t see how those 5 IP contributed to his bad start. In retrospect Price also has pitched 5 fewer innings and his stats are just about the same as in 2018 at this time.

Murph

markj

Again, no clutch hitting. LOBsters are piling up. This team just cannot score runs when Sale is pitching.

Murph

Devers with the good wheels.1-0