GAME #71, FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Schloicka, June 14, 2019, 08:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

longgame

Wow another one!

When my son was little he asked once “can we play the Rays every day?”  Now it would be the O’s.

Rays and the Yankees are both losing.

longgame

markj

markj

markj

Easy win. Let's see if they have an offensive drought tomorrow. Sale pitching and a ton of runs tonight could be a bad omen for tomorrow.

Schloicka

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 14, 2019, 06:49:20 PM
E-Rod failed to cover 1st and Holt saved his bacon

Lefty or righty I think Brock Holt should be in that lineup come what may.  Nunez brings very little to the batting order or on the defensive end and he is so undisciplined at the plate that a walk is like a total impossibility for him.  Unless he hits he is useless because that's the only way he can get on base----and he should never be playing second base.  Of course, I have never cared for Little Marco either.  Another Nunez at the plate and I wonder why we haven't g otten rid of that guy yet.  STILL, tonight we really whaled the hell out of the ball and now I think you know why we need JD Martinez in the lineup going bonkers with the bat.  He hits and the team has a chance to win.  Great game tonight but, sorry, there are two red flags to this.  One, we've had these games before and what usually happens is that we come out the next day flat as a board and mostly lose that contest.  Secondly, Chris Sale, screwed out of a win the team needed very badly on Monday because of a lack of hitting support and another crappy relief performance by the Meatball, has been cheated out of a lot of hitting support.  COME OUT READY TO WHALE TOMORROW AT THE PLATE AND GIVE SALE SOME SOLID HITTING SUPPORT AND MAYBE WE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ON OUR WAY.  Saturday will tell me whether this team has turned a corner or not.  We should this time around.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on June 14, 2019, 09:35:20 PM
Easy win. Let's see if they have an offensive drought tomorrow. Sale pitching and a ton of runs tonight could be a bad omen for tomorrow.

That's what I just wrote in another post.  We win big and come back flat as a board the next day.  Sale pitches and gets miserable hitting support and what that usually spells in a loss and a another fallback by the team.   THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE. We had a very good night in Baltimore and we must come out tomorrow snarling and ready to roll, and Sale deserves the support he needs to win without risking the meatball or some other crappy reliever coming in to blow the game for us.  THIS TIME WE MUST NOT BE FLAT AND THIS TIME WE MUST SUPPORT CHRIS SALE HANDSOMELY.  This time we must use this game as a springboard to success for the rest of the month, and for pete's sake Alfred E., do not rest Benintendi.  He needs to get zeroed in to help more in the offensive department and someone should kick Betts in the rear to wake him up at the plate.  He has played somewhat comatose of late.

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sox activate Brian Johnson Friday and will pitch Sunday in Baltimore.  They said he will now  be their #5 starter.

Bill-806

ROLLING, ROLLING, ROLLING !!!!  WHOOPS, BUMP ……  HEMBREE TO THE  D L   thumb_d iono iono iono

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on June 15, 2019, 06:09:28 AM
Sox activate Brian Johnson Friday and will pitch Sunday in Baltimore.  They said he will now  be their #5 starter.

That should be an improvement over the various guys they've thrown out there.   

Nice win.  The Sox of course need to beat up on these teams as the Yankees and Rays have done.