GAME #67, MONDAY, JUNE 10, 2019, TEXAS RANGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Schloicka, June 10, 2019, 07:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on June 10, 2019, 08:48:46 PM
WTF? Why on earth did Holt try to make that? It wasn't anywhere near being close. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Looked to me that the 3rd base coach was to far down the line with a late stop sign ??  No excuse, but that is a poor/tough look for the runner ?? iono iono iono iono

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on June 10, 2019, 09:40:19 PM
Sale did well. The lack of offense is killing them. And the crap coming out of the BP. Stupid base running. Missing DP opportunities. They're just not working well as a team.
B I N G O , it is a crime , the lack of RUNS they get for SALE. Show me a TEAM that SCORES early and you will see a TEAM that keeps the other TEAM off balance & vice versa !!! iono iono iono

Bill-806

So, I think that the SOX are something like 15 & 16  @ FRIENDLY FENWAY , no excuse for that but does show how POORLY  CONSTRUCTED this team is !!!  Not sure what  D D can do with so many average to poor performers ????? NUNEZ ??? BACK SPASAMS with Morland, Pearce, J D ???? Devers GLOVE looking better but now is 0-20 in his last at bats ???? FIX this NOW< GRASSHOPPER !!!! thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl

elktonnick

I find this run of "vague" "nebulous " injuries curious. BTW I can not recall the last time Nunez successfully executed a caught stealing play at second.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 10, 2019, 09:50:30 PM
NESN post game Steve Lyons and Manny Delcarman pointed out that Barnes threw 13 curveballs out of 17 pitches.  Both questioned why someone who throws a 98 mph fastball would throw that many curve balls.  They also questioned why the manager didn't walk the man Mazaro with first base open.

They also pointed out and I thought this was a really great observation, that the team had emotion before the game but it faded quickly.

They need to do something to shake things up.  They won so easily so many times last year that they figure they just have to show up and they'll win.  That isn't working.  Time for a trade or something to show everyone that this is a business and that they need to treat it that way. 

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on June 11, 2019, 07:51:24 AM
I find this run of "vague" "nebulous " injuries curious. BTW I can not recall the last time Nunez successfully executed a caught stealing play at second.
CONCUR...… He is painful to watch on DEFENSE..... Even though Texas started a left hander, I would have gone with HOLT at 2nd ……  ALSO, HERNANDEZ is showing some good things too !!! iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on June 11, 2019, 07:55:48 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 10, 2019, 09:50:30 PM
NESN post game Steve Lyons and Manny Delcarman pointed out that Barnes threw 13 curveballs out of 17 pitches.  Both questioned why someone who throws a 98 mph fastball would throw that many curve balls.  They also questioned why the manager didn't walk the man Mazaro with first base open.

They also pointed out and I thought this was a really great observation, that the team had emotion before the game but it faded quickly.

They need to do something to shake things up.  They won so easily so many times last year that they figure they just have to show up and they'll win.  That isn't working.  Time for a trade or something to show everyone that this is a business and that they need to treat it that way.

Ted, sorry to say it may be too late to make a minimal change that will make a difference.  In the business world these are most times like huge oil tankers.  It takes a lot of time to get those suckers tutned.  The GMs for the Twins, LA, NY, Phil made the critical moves six months ago, while we stayed status quo, extending the same players.

I think one big mistake was resigning Pearce.  Looked good at the time, but that $6 mil (plus the other $4 mil available) was the money we needed for a good BP arm when our budget situation was so tight.

longgame

But the Sox seem to have this repeated problem of consistency from year which predates the current manager and most of the players.  Somehow Houston has been able to field a top team for the past 3 years.  The Dodgers do it year after year lately.  Most modern organizations have a culture of continuous improvement but the Sox seem to reach plateaus and think they'll stay there forever.  They made bad moves or non-moves and they don't have a closer as a result.  Take back 4 or 5 games due to the pen and this is a different season.  Ditto with 4 or 5 games from not being prepared to start the season.

But the Sox decided to settle instead of pressing their advantage. 

The only upside is that the Sox have been in a pretty tough stretch when you look at 6 with Houston, 4 with the MFY, 4 with TB, plus Cleveland and Colorado aren't terrible.  At the end of July they have a stretch where they play 3 at TB, 4 vs NYY and 3 vs TB at home, then 3 at NYY from July 22 - August 4.  That two weeks is the entire season. 

BoSoxFanNY

Bill-806

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 11, 2019, 05:07:28 PM
AND the money owed Pedroia hurts the bottom line too.
WHO ?????? iono iono iono iono iono