Started by Schloicka, June 10, 2019, 07:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

markj

Bogaerts in to end the threat? Not known for clutch hitting

markj

markj

elktonnick

These guys take way too many pitches.  O'Brien made a revealing comment tonight about the hitting coach encouraging these guys to go the other way more.  Judging from that comment, it appears to be consistent to what many here have observed about Sox hitters swinging for the fences.

markj

markj

longgame

This team won’t win many close ones.  Too many chances blown once again. 

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on June 10, 2019, 09:18:07 PM
These guys take way too many pitches.  O'Brien made a revealing comment tonight about the hitting coach encouraging these guys to go the other way more.  Judging from that comment, it appears to be consistent to what many here have observed about Sox hitters swinging for the fences.

Between him going on about when Sale picks up this win before the game was over, Dave “Count Your Chickens” O’Brien has at least shut up for the moment about Immaculate Innings. 

I just think this team lacks concentration for some reason and don’t know what it will take to light a fire under them.  I think Sale may have something to say later.

markj

Sale did well. The lack of offense is killing them. And the crap coming out of the BP. Stupid base running. Missing DP opportunities. They're just not working well as a team.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on June 10, 2019, 09:23:49 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 10, 2019, 09:18:07 PM

Between him going on about when Sale picks up this win before the game was over, Dave “Count Your Chickens” O’Brien has at least shut up for the moment about Immaculate Innings. 

I just think this team lacks concentration for some reason and don’t know what it will take to light a fire under them.  I think Sale may have something to say later.

I certainly agree about their complete lack of focus.  It has been that way all year.  This game is a perfect allegory on the season thus far. 

If I were the manager I be seething about Barnes not throwing a single fastball, batters taking too many pitches and their total lack of concentration on the base paths.

elktonnick

NESN post game Steve Lyons and Manny Delcarman pointed out that Barnes threw 13 curveballs out of 17 pitches.  Both questioned why someone who throws a 98 mph fastball would throw that many curve balls.  They also questioned why the manager didn't walk the man Mazaro with first base open.

BoSoxFanNY

I believe this is the 10th game that the bullpen has blown.
CRAP!

What a waste of a gem by Sale.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: markj on June 10, 2019, 08:48:46 PM
WTF? Why on earth did Holt try to make that? It wasn't anywhere near being close. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

WHO sent him?
He was out by a mile.

elktonnick